Si D16A6 vs EX D16A6 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2017, 01:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
gonzo
Restricted account

Rep Power: 0 Spinner is worse than Satan's assholeSpinner is worse than Satan's asshole
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Si D16A6 vs EX D16A6

Hello all, I am looking to find out the difference between the D16A6 found in the 4th Gen Si and EX models. I know that the Si version makes a few more horsepower but nothing more. However, I found a cam from a Si and would like to know if it could increase performance on an EX engine. Thank you for the help guys!
Spinner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2017, 06:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

They make the same power...they are the same motor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2017, 08:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
gonzo
Restricted account

Rep Power: 0 Spinner is worse than Satan's assholeSpinner is worse than Satan's asshole

I'm not trying to argue that you're wrong because yes, it's the same engine, but the Si had 108 HP and the EX had 105. I'm trying to find out if that could have come from the cam possibly. Could the cam profiles have been different?

Old 10-08-2017, 08:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

because fuck a search?

https://www.d-series.org/forums/natur...ent-types.html
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2017, 09:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
I'm not trying to argue that you're wrong because yes, it's the same engine, but the Si had 108 HP and the EX had 105. I'm trying to find out if that could have come from the cam possibly. Could the cam profiles have been different?
88 Si had 105, 89-91 had 108, from the 1/2 tooth cam timing change as the 88 used D15 indexing, see half tooth cam timing that I have about 10,000 posts.

Also see my sticky with cams that I have measured. My info was also shared with with a SCCA racer that also happens to write for Grassroots Magazine (GRM) on occassion, like tire tests. Even has his own wiki page

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/ar...t-cruisin-usa/

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

If anything, the 3 hp difference is due to the power steering belt used...but the D15 numbers didn't change with belt or without.

Quote:
Old 10-09-2017, 12:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 16 TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

What was different about the belt?
TheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2017, 07:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
gonzo
Restricted account

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
Thanks for your incredibly non helpful, sarcastic remark. What you pasted doesn?t pertain to the question I?ve asked. That post was about two different Si models and differences in the engines. I?m asking about the engine in the EX vs the one found in the Si. If you can offer anything helpful that?d be great, rather than sarcasm.
Old 10-09-2017, 07:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
gonzo
Restricted account

Transzex thank you, that?s the kind of information I was looking for. I wanted to find out if it had to do with the cam because I found an Si cam on eBay. Glad to know that it wouldn?t have been any different from my stock one though.
Old 10-09-2017, 11:26 AM   #10 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Thanks for your incredibly non helpful, sarcastic remark. What you pasted doesn?t pertain to the question I?ve asked. That post was about two different Si models and differences in the engines. I?m asking about the engine in the EX vs the one found in the Si. If you can offer anything helpful that?d be great, rather than sarcasm.
Really, doesn't pertain to the question you asked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner
Hello all, I am looking to find out the difference between the D16A6 found in the 4th Gen Si and EX models.
Quote:
Originally Posted by from what slo linked
Hi all, i was jsut reading up on some honda engine specs, particularly at the D16A6. I noticed 2 different ones :

D16A6 1.6L 16V SOHC PGM-FI

'88-'91///Civic Si/CRX Si///USDM///1590cc's///[email protected]///[email protected]///9.1:1

D16A6 1.6L 16V SOHC PGM-FI

'89-'91///Civic EX///USDM///1590cc's///[email protected]///--------///--------
...and a couple replies down in that thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by from what slo linked
no
they are both USDM models, so the motors are EXACTLY the same.

the 90-91 had a little different fuel curves than the 88-89 though. i believe fuel cut on 88-89 was 6800 and 90-91 was 7200.

i think your source for this info is off. factory ratings were 105hp for 88-89 and 108hp for the 90-91
You owe us an apology.
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
LowFlyin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2017, 07:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

Quote:
lol, earn that red dot noob. I guess comprehension pwns you.

and this boys and girls, is why we shouldn't spoon feed. lead them to water, splash them in the face, and they still suck sand.
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.

Last edited by slo_eg8; 10-09-2017 at 07:15 PM.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2017, 07:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Boner knows what he’s talking about with the cams and helped me out with this many years back...actually posted a chart of the cam specs which I’m too lazy to look for right now.

The only OEM upgrade for the A6 is gonna be the non carb SOHZ ZC which has more lift than the A6 cam.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2017, 07:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Thanks for your incredibly non helpful, sarcastic remark.
The issue here is that you asked the same thing in your other thread and then went to post a new thread about it. Not the end of the world or anything but these guys are OGs who have been around here answering the same questions and dealing with the same kinds of things over and over and over for many years.

Don’t get too offended and thicken up that skin a little. Some may come off as harsh at first but I promise you that the knowledge you’ll gain is worth putting up with it until people realize that you’re not a typical noob who’s gonna ask two questions and leave without contributing.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in