Nitrous on auto d16z6 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2017, 07:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Nitrous on auto d16z6

So I acquired a 1994 auto ex with a broken driver side motor mount for free.
The mount on the block is broken so the block is done. I braced the torque mounts with solid mounts.
I don't care about this car and if the mounts explode oh well lol.

Sooo..... I decide to put some f&f type 2 coilovers, billet lcas, intake and headers on the car and some shitty steelies I had laying around.

Now the car looks and like shit and is salvage so no one wants it so ima run her till she blows.

I have a nx wet shot nos kit laying here ready for install.
Already know I need to retard my timing and rum one step colder plugs.
I also know only to activate it after 3k only at wot and not hit redline.

I'll start with a 25 then step up to a 50 or 75 if it doesn't blow the mounts.

So my question is how should I be shifting the auto for nitrous?

Do I leave in d4 hit wot wait for 3k engage nitrous and keep it wot with nitrous spraying as it's wot and shifting itself through gears?

Or should I put it in d1 rev hit 3k at wot active nitrous till like 6800rpm shift and repeat through each gear?

Just wanna know what you guys opinion on this would be
purplehaze707 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2017, 08:44 AM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 flat_ is starting to learn the ropesflat_ is starting to learn the ropesflat_ is starting to learn the ropesflat_ is starting to learn the ropesflat_ is starting to learn the ropesflat_ is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Relay the no2/fuel solenoid off the vtec circuit so you can pop super mad vtec YO!

I have no idea what the results would be, but it'd be great if you would find out for me.

A WOT switch is a given also.
flat_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2017, 09:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

He'll yeah bro! Then I can put a dohc vtec sticker and fart cannon exhaust on the outside and put in neutral at every red light and rev my engine at everyone! Lol jk this just a beater I'm building from parts I have laying around cause I can't seem to sell it, I have other 92-95 civics so I'm not too much of a noob.

My nx kit has a wot switch which I hope will work on my car.

I know a z6 can handle a 50-75 shot it's just a matter of can the rear tranny mount and side tranny mount plus oem torque mounts with es inserts and bolts bracing them take the toque lol we'll see.

I've been driving like a madman like this without issues so far(without nitrous tho)

Last edited by purplehaze707; 10-06-2017 at 09:36 AM.

Old 10-06-2017, 09:39 AM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 flat_ is starting to learn the ropesflat_ is starting to learn the ropesflat_ is starting to learn the ropesflat_ is starting to learn the ropesflat_ is starting to learn the ropesflat_ is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

I think the mounts will be fine, you're not leaving off a trans brake or anything.

From what iv'e heard you want to start spraying after 4000 rpm if your spraying before the throttle body to avoid backfire.
flat_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2017, 10:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

I guess I misread I thought it was 3k wot then spray. Thanks for the info
Should I start easy on a 35 or just jump straight to the 75?
Also anyone have any info on how to shift it?
Old 10-10-2017, 11:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

I have nitrous on my 06 si. I spray from 4000 to 8300 using a windows switch. Through research I read 3k is a good low limit but I have the spray off in first because it just eats my tires off. I built my our nitrous controller that needs 4k to 8.3k RPM, WOT, and a certain speed to trigger the relay. The main concern is not going past the rev limiter because it cut fuel and af goes super lean.
jdbwizzard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2017, 06:08 AM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 5 CandyRedRC46  is accepted as part of the communityCandyRedRC46  is accepted as part of the communityCandyRedRC46  is accepted as part of the communityCandyRedRC46  is accepted as part of the community

I think having the rear mount and lower mounts filled and leaving the two top mounts alone is the way to go. Also, you should find out the exact rpm your transmission shifts from 1st to 2nd at and then falls down to. Say it shifts at 7200 and falls to 4200, I would set your window to 4000-7000, so It will be a little easier on your mounts and transmission. That should buy you a little extra time.
CandyRedRC46 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2017, 09:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 evotec1 will become famous soon enoughevotec1 will become famous soon enoughevotec1 will become famous soon enough

I got you for a good replacement tranny, 25$+ shipping lol get this thing outta my garage!
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in