D series engine draft - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2017, 06:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default D series engine draft

Hello

I'm looking for D series engine draft. I'm doing coursework about D series engine optimization and I need engines section draft for calculations. It would work with anyking D series sohc engine, I will add what I need

Specifically I need Minime swap draft, but would work D16z6/D15B drafts perfeclty

Thank you for anyking help and drafts
DedePer4m is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2017, 06:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....

What is "draft"? Do you mean specifications?
Old 09-16-2017, 07:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Engine cross-section drawing/plot. Don't know which word is correct to describe. It can be in CAD,CAM, Solidwork, 3D model or sketch.

P.S sorry for my english

Old 09-16-2017, 08:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 Build2 is learning the way of the DBuild2 is learning the way of the D

Would it be in the service pdf files that are floating around?

otherwise i would think it would only be done by an enthusiast
Build2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2017, 09:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Build2 View Post
Would it be in the service pdf files that are floating around?

otherwise i would think it would only be done by an enthusiast
I haven't seen in a service book, there's only assembly drawings with torque values and ect. I saw B16 Solidwork assembly with all engine parts, so I hope someone did same with D series
Old 09-16-2017, 12:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

there are a few floating around that i have seen, havent kept any myself. might want to call a local machinist to see if he has anything on hand.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2017, 02:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DedePer4m View Post
Engine cross-section drawing/plot. Don't know which word is correct to describe. It can be in CAD,CAM, Solidwork, 3D model or sketch.

P.S sorry for my english
Understand what you are looking for, but I have never seen it.

What type of analysis are you trying to do and how accurate does your model have to be? Reason that I ask is that I am Solidworks proficient and if this doesn't need to be something that was modeled by Honda then maybe I might be able to help out?

Lithuanian?
Old 09-16-2017, 11:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpilot View Post

What type of analysis are you trying to do and how accurate does your model have to be? Reason that I ask is that I am Solidworks proficient and if this doesn't need to be something that was modeled by Honda then maybe I might be able to help out?

Lithuanian?
It just need to be 2D cross-section drawing, it can be even hand made and then scanned. For my work I will take all specifications from real engine, because I'm working on my building engine Everything is going to be done in engine modeling program. I just need drawing to have in my coursework. About Solidwork part, I asked because I know there's many laser scanned parts even with guts, some guys just did manually, and with Solidwork it's very easy to get any part of engines cross-section, so only for that I mentioned Solid

Option 2 can be B/F/H even K series engine, just want to do something interesting and useful in the future in my racecar than my lecturer gives - old russian Vaz, Gaz, Moskvich engines

Yes lithuanian
Old 09-19-2017, 10:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpilot View Post

Lithuanian?
Because I'm going to take all specifications from real engine and manufacturer, I need drawings only for formularity. Calculations will be done with software. So it can be even handmade drawing and then scanned. I haven't been impressed with lecturers engines which he offered to do - old russian Maz, Gaz, Lada, Moskvich engines

About Solidwork, I mentioned it because with it it's super easy to do cross-section anywhere.

For plan B it could be B/H/F or even K engine, I just want to do what is interesting and what can be useful in the future for my racing car

Yes, I'm lithuanian
Old 09-19-2017, 10:41 AM   #10 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

https://www.d-series.org/forums/showc...rs-anyone.html

Thanks me later

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2017, 11:11 AM   #11 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
LowFlyin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2017, 11:14 AM   #12 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!

...also, I want this in my life:

'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
Old 09-19-2017, 11:26 AM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

Thank you guys for help, but as always I've forgotten to mention that I need 2 cut views: from side, so if you are looking from intake/exhaust ports and from front/back, it doesn't matter.

Thank you guys for help, I very appreciate that

If I could, I would show you what I need, but I can't :/
Old 09-19-2017, 11:43 AM   #14 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Well, n00bie, looks like you are going to have to do what most of us have done when we've found that no one makes or has made what we want to do to our cars:

Learn how to do it yourself.
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
Old 09-19-2017, 12:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowFlyin' View Post
Well, n00bie, looks like you are going to have to do what most of us have done when we've found that no one makes or has made what we want to do to our cars:

Learn how to do it yourself.
It's now new for me, quite easy job, but I tried to save a lot of time

But anyway. Thank you for help
Old 09-19-2017, 12:10 PM   #16 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

I have some pics of a D16Y8 cutaway motor from the Honda Heritage museum I was at one Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2017, 12:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Quote:

250 NA HP....or slightly more

Bolt though dry sump oil pan, stupid compression numbers...I know where one is

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2017, 02:06 PM   #18 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
...I know where one is
I already know I can't afford it! ...but would love to recreate that dry sump!
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
Old 09-19-2017, 05:05 PM   #19 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 Build2 is learning the way of the DBuild2 is learning the way of the D

Quote:
I already know I can't afford it! ...but would love to recreate that dry sump!
afford it?? just steal it from the museum it sits in..
Build2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2017, 06:52 PM   #20 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:

A CRX with that engine was sold last year...maybe the year before?

Can't remember the details but I remember watching the video

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in