Honda D Series Forum banner

D15b2 Block options

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Slow-D 
#1 ·
Hey all!

I have a d15b2/d16z6 mini with a fresh rebuild. Recently the flywheel came loose and sent a shock all the way through to the harmonic balancer. I immediately drove it home and pulled the engine.

The only damage I see is to the block by the oil pump (see pictures). I rotated the crankshaft with it assembled in the block and it seems to spin true, the girdle bolts were a little tighter (assuming the vibration through the crankshaft snugged those up).

So since I had to tear the motor out again I am turning it NA all motor and beefing up the bottom end. The search for a new block begins, I had h-beams and arp rod bolts already for the d15b2 motor (134.5 mm, not d15b7 137 mm) so I am searching for a block that will work. Will a d15b2 crankshaft sit in a d15b7 block and girdle or does it have different size journals?

Also looking for a high compression floating piston to run with my rods, any ideas?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Blocks are the same but the crank/rod set up is different due to the different stroke.

My question is Will a d15b2 crank sit into a d15b7 block/girdle or do they have different size journals?

Responding with a "did you search" post is a waste of your time and space on my post, I wouldn't be here asking the question if I found the answer.

#6 ·
As I correctly stated before, B1, B2, B7 are all the exact same PM3 short block except for the block stamping. Some years of the B8 used the 16V pistons instead of the HF 8 valve pistons.

134mm rods, not 134.5mm, not 137mm.

#9 ·
slo-eggo what is your deal? Are you not here to help guide us little noobs to victory? instead you go on a little kid rampage and deduct some rep points I didnt have, then try to burn me with an over used meme picture.

I was trying to get confirmation on my question to back up what I have already read. That is why I asked for a yes or no question.

#10 ·
if the blocks are the same, why would the cranks change? a google search could have told you what bone already mentioned. but yes, IM the asshole. welcome to d-so. grow some thicker skin and learn to search.....or try not to slam the door on your way out.

#11 ·
wow....

took all of 2 mins to confirm...
both the B2 and the B7 have the same bore.. so that makes the stroke the same..
also the run the same part number main bearings..

and my google fu is not near what the Slo or the Trans is..

So if I can find it that quick.. so can you

Reactions: slo_eg8
#12 ·
Also ... from memory. JDM blocks are not stamped with the last number, how do they figure out what to use? If they don't feel the need to differentiate between the blocks ... my guess would be that ... there isn't one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.