Aluminium parts cleaning? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2017, 12:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Aluminium parts cleaning?

I have read, and I have read, and I have read tons of topics on how to clean aluminium parts (cylinder heads, blocks, etc.), but tbh didn't find anything, that a simple mortal person could purchase and use. Purple power - everyone says that it does wonders. Too bad - no PP in my country. What about soaking parts in diesel, lets say a really nasty looking cylinder head? Will it transform it from brown piece of shit into shiny aluminium artwork? Share your experience please!
Teodoras is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2017, 01:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
DIY Guru

Rep Power: 13 BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!
BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to BogusSVO

well How I clean aluminium I doubt will work for you.

You may looking into an "Etching Mag wheel cleaner" thats is supposedly only to be used on NON clear coated alloy rims

It is an acid, so it can, with a bit of work and proper safety precautions work for you.
BogusSVO nomination for newb of the year 2014, maybe lifetime honorary mention as well.
BogusSVO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2017, 03:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Ultrasonic cleaning....

There is also the Drano method, sodium hydroxide, aka lye.....but it is caustic and you have to work fast.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2017, 07:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

do you have

where youre at?

fill a bin large enough to fit the parts in it, and then pour as much of this as you can to cover everything. let sit for a week. inspect and repeat as needed
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2017, 02:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogusSVO View Post
well How I clean aluminium I doubt will work for you.

You may looking into an "Etching Mag wheel cleaner" thats is supposedly only to be used on NON clear coated alloy rims
Yes, I was thinking about such wheel cleaner. Might give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
Ultrasonic cleaning....
I know that ultrasonic cleaning is an awesome method, but I doubt that I will find someone locally with bigger cleaning tank..

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
do you have

where youre at?

fill a bin large enough to fit the parts in it, and then pour as much of this as you can to cover everything. let sit for a week. inspect and repeat as needed
Unfortunately, but no.. I'll just try buying some usual engine cleaner in 5L tanks. Will see if these work at all..

P.S. How many post do I need to have, to quote with pictures ?
Teodoras is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in