First timeslips: help me analyze my baseline #s - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2017, 05:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 evotec1 will become famous soon enoughevotec1 will become famous soon enoughevotec1 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default First timeslips: help me analyze my baseline #s

So first run it was breaking up a bit and went [email protected] on a 2.61 60 time, second run we fixed that up w some dielectric grease, no misses but little improvement on a similar 60, third run we read the plugs, added some timing, and put a bolt in the vacuum for the fpr to richen it up a bit and it responded w a best run of 17.284 @80.82 mph w a 2.538 60. Plugs looked medium lean to lean initially, and are gold now w just a touch of whitish edges after 2 runs and 80 miles of driving.

The mph gives me hope the car could run mid 16s if I was in a mood to risk breakage launching like something other than a weenie, aren't 2.3 and 2.2 60s more common? This time I had 6 straight days of out of town work coming up so I couldn't do a man launch.

My questions start with my friends y8 ek hatch. Same 60s, same mph, 2 tenths quicker, what's that all about?

Also do 60 improvements yield the same dramatic ET results in these cars as it does in higher hp rwd cars?

The numbers (best)

RT .162
60' 2.538
330 7.200
1/8. 11.125
MPH 63.08
1000 14.472

ET 17.284
MPH 80.82

Thoughts, analysis, etc?

Had fun.

Didn't run 16s. But on the fly adjustments/fixes netted 6 tenths. Didn't break.

That's a win
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2017, 05:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

First 330' is what matters, the rest is just changing gears.

Stock D15B7 on 15x7 195-50-15's went 16.44 my first time out....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2017, 06:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 evotec1 will become famous soon enoughevotec1 will become famous soon enoughevotec1 will become famous soon enough

Yeah the guy 2 cars in front of me in a honda broke trying to launch so I definitely would have launched harder if I hadn't witnessed that.

Any advice on how hard is too hard in terms of uh, sustainability?

I don't know what breaks when honda guys just go nowhere off the line and can't afford to miss work AND spend more money fixing things if it isn't just broken cv shafts or something cheap, quick and easy to fix (preferably at the track before certain someone knows I'm racing)

I don't currently have a spare working tranny, just an a000 core

I was easing out the clutch at about 2800, launching about as hard as if I was trying to change lanes immediately after a red light in front of someone. Track was ridiculously sticky, nostalgia nitro drags were last weekend

Last edited by evotec1; 07-13-2017 at 06:56 PM.
evotec1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2017, 07:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

slowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slowturbocx

Are you on regular street tires?
Old 07-14-2017, 08:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Yeah 400 tread wear
Old 07-15-2017, 09:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

The smartest thing you can do, to go faster, and to not look like an idiot trying to race a honda, is get some slicks. Some 22x8x15s should do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2017, 09:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerD View Post
The smartest thing you can do, to go faster, and to not look like an idiot trying to race a honda, is get some slicks. Some 22x8x15s should do it.
psst, wrong answer.

20x8x14 on 14x6 r 14x7 wheels, 12-14 psi.

The shorter OD will help with the gearing, like dropping a 4.8 final drive into a 4.25 Si box, but none of the downsides when daily driving.

With a D15 power, you can dead hook them and explode a spider. With D16 TQ you and just spin over the slicks and not dead hook them.

I still have mt three sets, although the old 20x6x14's have to be quite HARD and not very sticky.

Back to the passes.... how hot was it? Humid?

That can slow a car 1/2 second or more due to pulling all kinds of timing. Also not being fully armed up (168-170 water temp) when pulling into the staging beams also costs power.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2017, 01:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

It was dry and warm, mid 80s but in blazing sun, at pacific raceway just a couple hundred feet above sea level. The track temp was quite high but really I think 60 foot is where I'm gonna improve next time out.

Then it's more intake and more tuning
Old 08-06-2017, 08:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
psst, wrong answer.

20x8x14 on 14x6 r 14x7 wheels, 12-14 psi.

The shorter OD will help with the gearing, like dropping a 4.8 final drive into a 4.25 Si box, but none of the downsides when daily driving.

With a D15 power, you can dead hook them and explode a spider. With D16 TQ you and just spin over the slicks and not dead hook them.

I still have mt three sets, although the old 20x6x14's have to be quite HARD and not very sticky.

Back to the passes.... how hot was it? Humid?

That can slow a car 1/2 second or more due to pulling all kinds of timing. Also not being fully armed up (168-170 water temp) when pulling into the staging beams also costs power.

We both know those tires haven't been available for YEARS. So good luck with that approach. But yeah, if really small tires like that were available they work well for stock SOHC Hondas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evotec1 View Post
It was dry and warm, mid 80s but in blazing sun, at pacific raceway just a couple hundred feet above sea level. The track temp was quite high but really I think 60 foot is where I'm gonna improve next time out.

Then it's more intake and more tuning

I was able to get my stock Civic Si to 15.1 with seat time and some real slicks. You should be able to as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2017, 12:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

So in an unofficial no prep run I put down [email protected] w a similar 60 foot just trapping in 3rd instead of shifting, and w the car all the way warmed up, plugs still look lean, I didn't have my netbook to log the run.

Day was cooler, track was covered in ash from wildfires, and hadn't had a car on it in a week and a half

Edit: excuse me, 81mph not 91

Last edited by evotec1; 09-19-2017 at 08:37 PM.
evotec1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in