'91 Civic DX Truck (Intro Thread) - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2017, 01:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 Caljank will become famous soon enoughCaljank will become famous soon enoughCaljank will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default '91 Civic DX Truck (Intro Thread)

Hi all!

My name is Caleb. I live in Wyoming, and I have a '91 Civic DX Sedan with 212k on the odometer.

The engine, tranny and suspension are all stock.
I inherited L-Civic from a friend a year and a half ago. It had already begun it's transformation from a sedan to a truck. Since then I welded in an 8 point roll bar from Jegs (my best friend's dad taught me to weld). I'm still in the enclosing process, but it is street legal now. When it's closed up it will be my daily driver.
This is my first Honda, and I will say that I am in love with it.
I have many pics of my build progress, when I figure out how to do it I will post some.
If you all have questions or want to see all the pictures I have to this date of my build feel free to PM me.
Caljank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2017, 03:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 21 robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

welcome to d-series post pics when you get a chance
robscrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2017, 07:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AutoXCivic Send a message via MSN to AutoXCivic Send a message via Yahoo to AutoXCivic

In for pics. Love these kind of transformations ... there was another guy on here that had a pretty solid conversion done too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<--- Stolen
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<--- Sold.

Quote:
barrel roll in airplane > barrel roll in nsx
AutoXCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2017, 07:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
endo_bobo

Rep Power: 38 sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via MSN to sir_bobos

You are go for pics.
Old 04-19-2017, 04:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 Caljank will become famous soon enoughCaljank will become famous soon enoughCaljank will become famous soon enough

So, Here goes.

These are my most recent pictures taken last Friday after I got the wiring for the tail lights completed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0413171733.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	120161

The pvc pipe along the driver side is where I run the wires for my tail lights. Question: Does anyone know the colors for the dome light positive wires(constant on and door on)? many of the wires for the rear and ceiling were chopped by the previous owner.

Name:	0413171733a.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	120169

The tail lights are a bit much, I know this. But my budget is incredibly small. Most of my parts have been purchased with money from selling plasma, and the little bit of overtime I've been able to snag. I found these lights on newfrog.com

Name:	0413171733d.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	120177

The body is very rough, it was that way when I got it.

Name:	0413171733g.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	120185

I am working on making it functional as a daily driver before I make it look good again.

Name:	0413171734.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	887.3 KB
ID:	120193

My shift handle, made from the piston from an dead lawnmower I retired last summer.

I have 2 4x8 sheets of 16 gauge sheet metal for the back and side walls. and I just purchased a rear window for a late 40's early 50's GMC pickup to use on the back wall.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 23 79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....
79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....

Pics or it didn't happen!!!!

Oh and whale cum!
98 Jeep Cherokee 4" Lift Cut Fenders 33x12.50 Daily/Offroad Toy
14 Subaru Forester XT Touring 2.0 Turbo (Wifes Ride)
92 Mustang 2.3 5 Speed 325K on the clock and counting
07 V-Star 650 Classic Space Consumer in the shop

RIP PAT
79hilux90crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 05:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Here are pictures of my roll bar.

Name:	IMG_20161013_011319.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	120289

Name:	IMG_20161013_011310.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	120297

Name:	IMG_20161013_011300.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	120305

Name:	IMG_20161013_011248.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	120313

Name:	IMG_20161013_011240.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	120321
Old 04-20-2017, 05:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Here are pictures of the body.

Name:	0413171733b.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	120329

Name:	0413171733c.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	120337

Name:	0413171733d.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	120345

Name:	0413171733g.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	120353

Name:	0413171734.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	120361
Old 04-20-2017, 05:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Certified O.G.

Rep Power: 27 Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Staypuff578

Now I can say I've seen it all.

I hate to love it but it's pretty rad! Your shift knob is full of win.

What part of Wyoming you from? My dedicated lane takes me through Wyoming 4 times a week along the 80, if you're anywhere near we should get coffee I'd love to see this bastard in person.

Quote:
almost as badass as my mustache, like a mustache with tits
Instagram- Spoolin_Larry
Staypuff578 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 06:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

I live north of Cheyenne about 50 miles on Hwy 85. I go to Cheyenne to sell plasma when I have the time, and we do our big shopping trip once a month when I get paid. I'd like to show off my civic. probably won't have time till probably June, I have work and family stuff like crazy till then.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

went down to Cheyenne today to sell some scrap. while I was down there I got a pigtail for the front left bumper turn signal and a replacement for the broken antennae. It almost feels like Christmas.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
endo_bobo

Rep Power: 38 sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via MSN to sir_bobos

Are you going to close off the cab somehow or just roll Wrangler style?
Old 04-21-2017, 08:49 AM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_bobos View Post
Are you going to close off the cab somehow or just roll Wrangler style?
Gonna close it up. I have 2 4x8 sheets of 16 gauge steel to enclose the cab, build a toolbox and close up the inner sides of the bed. I also have a rear window from jegs that I'm gonna put in it. If you want to see the window it is Jegs part #691-BT4754T
Old 04-25-2017, 01:43 AM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

Replaced, the broken FM antenna yesterday and installed an electronic flasher relay for my turn signals. Got my rear speakers from amazon.
Old 04-25-2017, 05:10 AM   #15 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

If you could chop a del sol rear window setup in it that would be tits but probably a lot more work than a solid pane window. Are you going to throw a passenger seat in it eventually?

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2017, 01:21 PM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerDrinkin View Post
If you could chop a del sol rear window setup in it that would be tits but probably a lot more work than a solid pane window. Are you going to throw a passenger seat in it eventually?
yeah, I thought about some of those. If I didn't plan it to be my daily driver I'd spend some more time and do other stuff. I wanted to use the trunk lid face and make a stationary rear gate with it, but the guy who gave me the car had cut away the sheet metal where the taillights mount.

Right now I'd just like to get it closed and sealed so I can get out of the family car. its about 90 miles round trip to work and I do that 4 days a week. Last year I put about 40k on the family car with work and all the other driving we do.

Yeah, I have the passenger seat in the garage. Its just been convenient to have that space open. I did have it in when i was putting the front brace for the roll bar so i could be sure the seat would still adjust forward and back. I actually had to pull the door panels and heat the plastic on the back side of the arm rest and mold it inward so the door would close.

Name:	IMG_20160910_003040.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	120449

Name:	IMG_20160910_003044.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	120457

Name:	IMG_20160915_153833.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	120465

Name:	IMG_20161004_232212.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	120473
Old 04-29-2017, 10:01 AM   #17 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

If I ever own a farm, I am going to make one, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2017, 11:55 AM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerD View Post
If I ever own a farm, I am going to make one, too.
The man who gave me the idea (best friend's dad) is a farmer. He has a 2 door cavalier he plans convert.

I've been able to make progress on my project, as far as I know he hasn't. Being a farmer for him means working the farm nights and weekends and doing doing whatever he can find to help make ends meet.
Old 05-03-2017, 06:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
n00b

Got my speakers and boxes. oem ones were thrown away by the previous owner.

Name:	0503171951.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	120673
Old 05-12-2017, 11:58 PM   #20 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
If you could chop a del sol rear window setup in it that would be tits but probably a lot more work than a solid pane window.
...Could, would really like to. But it ain't gonna happen right now.
If it were just a project car for the sake of a project I'd probably do something like that. Or a side slider from a pickup. But, its supposed to be my work car, I can put in 320 miles a week to go to work, if I don't carpool. The family car (01 Buick Lesabre) is nearing 160k and I don't want to replace it for at least 2 more years(attainable, but I am overly cautious). so, for now I'm just doing what I need to make it work. Then down the road upgrades will happen as I can comfortably afford them.

Quote:
Are you going to throw a passenger seat in it eventually?
Yep, have the stock seat will definitely be putting it back in. I generally carpool 2 days a week, and hope the guy that rides with me will still wanna ride with me (he is a big boy, and prefers the buick or a pickup truck with lots of room).
I have it out right now. I needed the space when I was welding in the roll bar. And will need it out when I put in the back wall.

This Monday I'm getting some cardboard boxes (hood boxes from a body shop) to trace out my back wall and hopefully get setup to cut the sheet metal before the memorial day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
ef civic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in