|01-26-2019, 11:24 PM||#61 (permalink)|
I wrote a Long reply back in December, I'm not sure if I forgot to hit the submit button (I was very tired when I wrote it). Hopefully I'll get it right this time.
I welded up my exhaust in early august. It sounds so much better than before, and I can hear my stereo again. I really like the thrush turbo muffler with the resonator that I got with my exhaust. My one gripe: the Ebay header I bought (DNA Motoring) hangs just a bit lower than I'd prefer, and scrapes on tallish speed bumps. Currently I am running with a cat delete, Once I get the new motor in I'll install the cat I have already bought.
I found a donor car: '98 LX Sedan (D16Y7, Auto Transmission).
They sold it to me for less than scrap. It was running and driving, seller was selling it because it was rusty and the rear brakes were having an "issue".
I bought a Y8 manifold for the D16.
I had a harness built to adapt d16 obd-2a to EF body, add mpfi and upgrade Obd-0 to Obd-1 (P06).
I've been keeping an eye on a Civic Wagon on youtube. Its called the war wagon , check it out on the honda rescue garage channel.
The guy makes lift kits and sells them. Over Christmas he had a pretty decent sale and I bought some 1" spacers for the front and some 1 1/2" spacers for the back.
Along with those, I plan to use the EK struts from my donor car. And I am going to flip the rear lower control arms to achieve lift. My plan is to have some ridiculous rake. I will post some pictures of the spacers soon.
I bought a set of truhart rear upper control arms that are adjustable.
I am still doing my research into the front upper control arms for camber adjustment (any advice will be appreciated).
I've decide I will only use the 1" spacer on the front and hold off on the struts. from what I've read 1" lift shouldn't create a camber issue.
I need to crawl underneath the read end and decide if I need to replace the bushings while I am in the neighborhood.
When I do the lift I plan to write it up in a dedicated post.
I've been stripping the donor car of all its goodies and have been selling them on ebay. With the proceeds I just bought my P06.
|07-21-2019, 08:50 PM||#63 (permalink)|
My d-16 is about 1/3 done. All I have is the block work left to do.
I put a brace between the rear strut towers.
Needed a head gasket at 240k in my d15
And Stage 1 of my Lift!! 1.5" spacers in the back 1" in the front
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|