4-2-1 header on d16y7 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2016, 05:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default 4-2-1 header on d16y7

Looked into a megan header. Says its for d16, would it properly fit y7? Not looking for power, just some noise
Sendikate12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2016, 06:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 19 civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

yea it will fit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

civicdxude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2016, 06:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Um a y7 is a d16.
And fyi.
Intake and header will fit for d15b7,d16 a6,z6,y7,y4,y5,y8,
And some others.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2016, 11:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

you will need one O2 extention harness, because the Y7 has the converter up front with both O2's/

the header will go straight to the back exhaust, no other pipe needed.

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2016, 02:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Will the 421 header make it that much louder? Or no.
Old 11-30-2016, 04:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendikate12 View Post
Will the 421 header make it that much louder? Or no.
Muffler mainly controls the sound.
If younwant it loud cit the muffler off.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2016, 04:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 STRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunna

get the cheapest 2 piece 4 2 1 header.

those 4 2 1 headers are really good believe it or not.

my d16 is built, but i made 160whp with one of those ebay jammies.

stratton.
STRATTON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2016, 04:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

ona stock d16y7, an ebay header will lose a bunch of low end power

It certainly ruined my gas mileage on my d16y7 until I threw a d16y8 intake manifold on it.

Build what you have!

Old 12-01-2016, 05:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicdxude View Post
yea it will fit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
ona stock d16y7, an ebay header will lose a bunch of low end power

It certainly ruined my gas mileage on my d16y7 until I threw a d16y8 intake manifold on it.
Does the y8 intake just plug and play or will i need to do some modifications ?
Old 12-01-2016, 06:27 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

search d16y8 intake manifold on d16y7. there is a DIY with plenty of details. you will need to fabricate your own throttle cable holder bracket, or swap to the d16y8 throttle cable.

you will also need the d16y8 or any 92-95 throttle spool, spring, and nut, as the d16y7 cable pulls in opposite direction.

searching pictures will indicate further modifications.

I did mine in 30 minutes realistically, outside of bleeding coolant. but I also had my shit apart doing an engine harness and redoing battery and alternator cables

Build what you have!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in