Looking for a dohc zc obd1 ecu chip - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2016, 05:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Looking for a dohc zc obd1 ecu chip

Hi. I need a chipped ecu to run a dohc zc obd1.
I know the oem one is p29. But i cant find any of these ecu . I only want a stock program. Nothing fancy. Just want to run my engine like oem.
If someone can provided me a chip i dont bother soldering it myself.

Right now i will need to supply one because i only have an obd0 ecu and im going obd1 to match the engine.
Sylquebec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2016, 05:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 9 v4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Let me google that for you
v4lu3s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2016, 01:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

It is possible to convert the motor to OBD-0.

If you've got plans to tune the car down the track, you could go with something like Hondata.

There's also a couple of OBD1 chipped P28's on ebay at the moment.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
EFB055 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2016, 03:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

buy any 92-95 civic/accord/prelude/integra ecu, chip it, and run a basemap for any of the nonvtec engines.

Correct for timing if necessary.

a nonvtec b18 ecu will run that dohc zc just fine. heck, a P06 for a d15b7 will run it fine.

Get a tuning solution so you can get proper timing, or find a dohc zc basemap.

converting the car to OBD1 will improve performance and gasmileage. win win

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2016, 08:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Rep Power: 32 remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 54 reviews
Send a message via AIM to remoer Send a message via MSN to remoer Send a message via Yahoo to remoer

the only way you're going to make that happen is do what i did and it work amazing. chip a ecu.

ECU is a P06, with a P30 base and a P29 map.

USDM ECU P06 - 92-95 OBD-1 Civic DX Non-Vtec (D15b7)
JDM P30 Base - 92-95 OBD-1 USDM Del Sol DOHC Vtec Si/EG SiR (B16a6 I think)
JDM P29 - 92-95 OBD1 JDM EG5 (DOHC ZC)

The suspension should always be faster than the engine - BMW

The term stage was created to make mentally slow ppl feel physically fast.

my DOHC ZC - 133.73whp and 108.48wtq (tuned on a Dynojet)
remoer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2016, 09:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie

b18b ecu will run it....if you want to wash your cylinder walls out and have raw fuel spitting out your tail pipe, burning peoples eyes who drive behind you, and get about 160-170 miles per tank of fuel. afr's run at 10.5:1 idle and hit 9 or so at wot with that ecu.

i would convert to obd1 and run hondata s300 v2 , get a basemap from acidbeaver, and get it tuned from there

40MPGd15b7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2016, 10:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Thats kind of extreme. Ive ran a fully stock d15b7 with a b18 ls ecu before. It sure ran richer, but nothing like you claim (washing walls)

Id say a dohc zc with pretty much 30 extra hp is gonna run much smoother with the b18 ecu than my ol d15b7.

Build what you have!

Old 10-23-2016, 08:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
Thats kind of extreme. Ive ran a fully stock d15b7 with a b18 ls ecu before. It sure ran richer, but nothing like you claim (washing walls)

Id say a dohc zc with pretty much 30 extra hp is gonna run much smoother with the b18 ecu than my ol d15b7.
this was from first hand experience here.

i was getting 18 mpgs ,about 270 km's per tank works out to 168 miles.my compression numbers dropped significantly from when i first cranked it over to when i actually had it running and broken in. it was a pr4 ecu i was running.i had my wide band on the downstream o2 sensor bung on the header and cold idle ran at 10.5:1 leaned out to 11.5:1 warm.

i had people pull up at red lights to tell me how righ my car ran and was burning their eyes.

Old 10-23-2016, 08:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Ive ran some seriously rich-running setups before, and havent seen internal damage, because I generally shorten my oil change intervals quite a bit during those times.

That d15b7 I had made nearly identical compression numbers between when I first got it, experimented with various ecu's, did some self tuning, tried a junkyard boost setup, had a friend borrow the car for a few months doing long drives, and eventually made its way back to a mild all motor build.

I want to say it was less than a 10psi difference in that long of a span, but that could easily be equipment margin of error, elevation, whatever else. nearly 4 years of ownership.

You must have seriously been slogging that motor and not changing the oil under 1500 miles like I was. I was always overly paranoid my self tuning or BS would hurt the motor.

Build what you have!

Old 10-23-2016, 09:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post

I ran a B18 chip with 7500 rpm limiter on a early D15Beast7 version that Locash sent when he socketed the ECU back in the late 90's 40+ mpg to about 25 mpg and it hated to idle. I only ran it for about 1/2 tank of gas because the mileage and cruising throttle response sucked.

But it would get someone home if needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2016, 09:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

So in under 2 minutes I found a P29-T01 bin and downloaded it....also found P29-Q01 and P29-Q50 in the twiki.

But the P29-T01 might use an IMA sensor for EDM models....info is from 2006 BTW.

Oh yeah, I have no clue what that all means, I just used my Google +9000 powers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2016, 06:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Idk man I'm not lying here. I did oil changes at first 50 miles 100 miles and 1000 miles and the 1000 mile oil change was so black it looked like diesel oil and smelled so strongly of fuel and had not very much viscosity left too it. Also had problems getting the zc to idle nicely with it.. But it sounded knarly as hell with the lopey cams it had. Idled great on s300. I'll post a video later with the pr4 ecu idling

Old 10-24-2016, 07:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

I dunno man.

when it had the b18 ecu, it wreaked like you said, but the crosshatch on the cylinder walls was still fresh looking after the 2nd or 3rd headgasket/cylinder head swap

eventually when it was put back to stock for a buddy who needed a stock drop in, ran like a champ in his 100% stock car.

It is possible I had a sensor issue that was making the ecu think to remove more fuel than normal, or maybe a cheapass intake air temp sensor saying its blazing hot out, who knows lol the issue with the car originally in fully stock form was that it acted very down on power, which got the ball rolling for screwing around with it

Build what you have!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in