My turbo d16 td05h build build - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2016, 09:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default My turbo d16 td05h build build

hey guys!

car:d16y7 hatchback

I'm turbo'ing my car and ive searched the forums already so please dont tell me to search! (links would be nice though in case i did miss anything)
*note this is a budget build*

so heres the deal
what i have at this time: (will be making edits through build)
- edelbrock turbo manifold
-td05h turbo (off 1990 talon)
-p05 chipped ecu on crome
-ebay intercooler and piping off a b18 non vtec (missing some bends)
-tapped pan
-ebay fuel regulator and ''sickspeed'' ebay 24k catch can
-diy oil lines (princess auto lines)
-diy coolant lines
-phantom boost gauge
-real greddy rs bov

what i still need
-450cc blue top injectors with resistor box
-basemap
-downpipe
-dyno tune
-arp head studs
-iavc conversion

i was thinking:
- anyone else running a edelbrock manifold? will it be compatible with an adapter plate? If so where can i get a a fairly cheap one?
-I will be using a p06 ecu does anyone have a basemap i can use till i get it tuned?
- and ive read this on dsm sites and here but is it really necessary to run the coolant lines? Ive seen that it doesnt matter as long as you let the car run a couple minutes after stopping (i drive on a gravel road for about 5 min very slowly when i come home or leave plus i already own a turbo timer)
-ive tried searching but i know ill need to change to a 2 wire iavc but the treads seem confusing to me, will i be able to run the 2 wire on a stock y7 ecu or does this need to be done after the obd1 conversion? If anyway can give me a dumbed down explanation or know where i can get one thatll be greatly appreciated.

thanks! I will be post pictures of the build if wanted, but itll be a very slow build as im a student going to university and spending my very little extra cash on this haha!

Last edited by EKpeg; 10-12-2016 at 09:31 PM.
EKpeg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2016, 09:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

before i get flamed: i know what is xenocron is, i just cant find exactly what im looking for itll be tuned on crome, d16y7 stock everything 2 wire iavc
Old 10-04-2016, 09:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Ill be quick about it.

Eldbrock manifold will work (ran one before), as far as adapter plate it depends on how the turbo will sit.
And google the adapter flange.

Piping wont fit unless you run a y8 manifold and it still needs moding.
Hopfully that oil pan is for a y7 or y8 motor.

Fuel reg isnt needed, but injectors are 410cc n up.

If the turbo came with coolant ports. Use the coolant ports!!!

Base maps are for getting it to the tuner. A ton of people can make them. Best to have you tu er email you it and you load it before taking it to then.

2 wire iacv will not run on the y7 ecu.

Bov, yes needed
Boost controller, not truly needed
And by your list sounds like your still missing alot.

And if you dont got money to play then dont play.
Either stay stock and money in your pocket. Or broke down somewhere with no money to fix it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2016, 10:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Stock itnernals??

Avoid a boost controller, just run the dsm waste gate actuator.

Forgetting spark plugs
Downpipe fabrication
The dsm tdo5h 14 does in fact use coolant for the center section, so you will need the appropriate fittings and hoses.

Xenocron usually has its base maps in the tech section
theotherchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2016, 05:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Just talked to my friend today he's giving me a steal on blue top 450cc dsm injectors! They come with a resistor box too, never heard of one but he said it is needed. so i mean besides a tune and needed to do the conversion to obd1 with a 2 wire iavc i think im good to go as soon as i get a bov and downpipe right? This is a budget build i know what youre saying xile6 but im trying to get the rest of it done within 1k if possible. No idea if ill be able to do it but ill post what happens!
Old 10-04-2016, 05:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Also, yes internals are stockkkk, 180 psi compression just got it done last week. I just need to get a valve adjustment done, engine has 191,100 KMs.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

I just didnt want the hassle of putting in the coolant lines but I might just do it for a piece of mine, I thought they are just added security? These turbo's locally go for 100-150 so i wasnt to worried about having to replace it
Old 10-05-2016, 03:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

robgoof Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

where are you from, eh

princess auto hydraulic hose oil lines I've used them, get a restrictor.

ditch the ebay fpr ,use oem

''sickspeed'' ebay 24k catch can -keep this ,it sounds like a good time all on it;s own!

can you like weld and do clever shit with your hands ? usually helps whiile budget building...

Just noticed you said get a valve adjustment ....
your the one doing it right?

Last edited by robgoof; 10-05-2016 at 03:48 AM.
robgoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2016, 10:18 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKpeg View Post
I just didnt want the hassle of putting in the coolant lines but I might just do it for a piece of mine, I thought they are just added security? These turbo's locally go for 100-150 so i wasnt to worried about having to replace it
Peace of mind...no. absolutely not. Coolant cooled turbo's need them....for a reson....cooling. the oil section is very small and does not offer the cooling properties that oil cooled and lubricated turbos do.
theotherchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2016, 09:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

My friends doing the valve adjustment in spring (car is going to get stored for the winter so thats why im doing the turbo build), i got the injectors today and a p06 ecu as well.

everything on the forums about the 2 wire iavc is really confusing me though, so people say i need to say the tb and intake mani others say just the tb... im thinking ill just get someone to do it because i really dont want to ruin anything since my engine is in good shape. Or could someone dumb it down for me or redirect me into the right way?

yes thinking about selling that fmu its most likely going to be faulty anyways.

also picked up princess auto lines for the coolant as well.

now im just missing the bov, downpipe, tune, and iavc conversion
already have a full 2.5 inch exhaust so thinking about picking up a stock dsm downpipe, using some of the extra 2.5 inch piping i got, and cutting/getting the bits from the dsm piping to work. not sure if it will work out well but dsm downpipe is cheap so trying it out.

budget for the rest is under 1k hopefully will be possible, planning to get the car said and done for Christmas time.
thanks to everyone for the input!
Old 10-05-2016, 09:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

And from Manitoba, Canada
Old 10-07-2016, 11:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

hey guys,
which adapter works with the edelbrock turbo mani to a dsm turbo? i read and it said the edelbrock is made for a t28? but i cant find a t28 to dsm anywhere, any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 10-07-2016, 11:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

cause the edelbrock mani doesnt line up at all with the dsm turbo
Old 10-08-2016, 03:52 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

living way out in the bush of manitoba there should be plenty of time to make one...
Old 10-08-2016, 04:24 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
cause the edelbrock mani doesnt line up at all with the dsm turbo
Nissan t25 flange on the edelbrock

*edit

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131840410606?redirect=mobile

Still might not clear, that manifold pulls the turbo tight to the block. Might be better to go with a different manifold or mock everything up to if that adapter will work.

. RIP

Last edited by xile6; 10-08-2016 at 04:49 AM.
Old 10-13-2016, 04:59 PM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

Hey guys
so i was in the middle of mocking everything up today and realized that i cant find a vacuum line that goes to the compressor anywhere ill include some pics (blue = coolant, yellow = vaccum, orange = oil feed / return) only show 1 coolant but the other one is on the other side i know where it is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	turbo td05h dsm 1g.JPG
Views:	176
Size:	217.3 KB
ID:	114130   Click image for larger version

Name:	shot 2 dsm 1g.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	114138  
Old 10-14-2016, 04:18 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

if there isn't one on the turbo just run the line to the intake.
Old 10-14-2016, 05:30 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Hey guys
so i was in the middle of mocking everything up today and realized that i cant find a vacuum line that goes to the compressor anywhere ill include some pics (blue = coolant, yellow = vaccum, orange = oil feed / return) only show 1 coolant but the other one is on the other side i know where it is.
Called a boost tap.

I ran one on my civic. Didnt feel like tapping the compressor.
They work great. And your want to use one vs the intake.
The intake has vaccum and and wastegate dont really like vaccum.

. RIP

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
basemap, d16y7, turbo coolant lines

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in