Intro from Ireland! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2016, 05:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Intro from Ireland!

I've been around here for years. Finally signed up last year when I nearly bought an eg but then didn't lol.

I'm a Toyota man. But money is tight and I want more power. It's much more expensive to build a 300+ 4e/5e than it is to build a d16.

It's ok. You can sigh. It will be a 7.**:1 vitara/maxpeeding build. I will hopefully be able to source the extra bits that aren't readily available here like upgraded valve springs,retainers,cam, or even a whole built head..

I will be finishing my current Toyota starlet project first, selling that and then build a d16. The shell will be sorted once I'm happy with the engine.

I'm not a total noob. Have built Toyota engines, turbod a few n.a engines, road mapped my own cars, built my friends forged engine and sorted his turbo kit. I also do wiring for Toyota's. Hopefully I won't be asking any awkwardly noobish questions but keep in mind, Honda specific info is where I fall down a bit but have spent years trawling through the internet regarding D series builds.

Thanks
Richardc9052 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2016, 07:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Here are a few pics of my current Toyota :P
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161004_155654.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	1,012.2 KB
ID:	113585   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161004_155635.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	1,009.7 KB
ID:	113593  
Old 10-04-2016, 07:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

robgoof Still a JDM Star....robgoof Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

welcome ,,,to the D

no sighing here, I like my 7:1 compression ,good choice .
robgoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2016, 07:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
B-series Destroyer

Rep Power: 22 rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Turbo starlet? or is it just a N/A 4e?
You link all the grounds, then wire each solenoid into the spark plug wires, that way they hit sequentially as the engine fires. This creates what I like to call asphalt shattering VTEC.
rico58204 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2016, 08:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Mine is the jap 100ps Na. Which is a turbo engine with high comp pistons. It uses the same material as the turbo pistons and the same rings but in high comp form. It also had its own valve springs which are between turbo and international allowing it to rev to 7200rpm like the turbo.

I've turbod one before and they love it . Previously used the baby ct9 but this time I have a Subaru Tf035. Not much bigger but still a nice difference in cfm for the little 1300cc

My thoughts on using the stock length rods for 7:1 comp is that the difference between the power I'm losing off boost and the power I'll gain from the extra boost I can run without det is quite large.. The lads mapping cars over here are usually quite safe though which is great for business when everyone is doing it but I'm sure they are too safe lol.

I'm not sure the difference between our fuel octane rating systems but I doubt your 91 is much better than our 95? Yet we struggle to make power...

Anyway I look forward to building something different!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in