RC injector question - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2016, 10:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 4 cityofcaterpillars is learning the way of the Dcityofcaterpillars is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default RC injector question

I did search I just wanted to double check and be sure that this is right. Is this how RC injectors should fit on a Z6 manifold? Then use washers to make up the space where the fuel rail bolts down.

In the second pic should there be an O-ring on the area circled?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	468.8 KB
ID:	113553   Click image for larger version

Name:	rc.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	113561  
cityofcaterpillars is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2016, 01:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

No oring at the sliver part.
They use the stock honda thick ring.
It seals on the black part of the injector.
And yes use the spacers to make up the space. In your first pix tell me that the injector isnt seated all the way in. Is so your going to have problems.

The injector should be push into the intake manifold just like oem ones.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2016, 02:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 4 cityofcaterpillars is learning the way of the Dcityofcaterpillars is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by xile6 View Post
No oring at the sliver part.
They use the stock honda thick ring.
It seals on the black part of the injector.
And yes use the spacers to make up the space. In your first pix tell me that the injector isnt seated all the way in. Is so your going to have problems.

The injector should be push into the intake manifold just like oem ones.
yeah that is as far as the injector will go into the seal on the intake manifold. granted it is not bolted down in that pic just setting there.

That's where I get confused. Some say bore out the spacer and others say that it should be like in the picture.

Old 10-03-2016, 03:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!

The bottom should be almost flush. This is with the oem lower ring correct?

You might have to bore it out like the dsm ones.
I remember RC making 2 type for the hondas.
I had a set long time ago and they drops right in

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2016, 04:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

yeah its the stock lower ring. I think I will try and bore them out with a dremel. I have some extra sets if I screw them up.
Old 10-03-2016, 05:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series SoCal Division

Rep Power: 16 AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!
AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!

Best thing to use to bore out the injector o-rings is a step drill bit. They're like $6 at harbor freight. Keep them in the intake manifold while boring. Then use a pencil torch to clean up the rubber.

1993 civic dx hatch
jdm d15b vtec obd1
web level 1 cam
15g turbo 13 psi
STOLEN!
AJAY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2016, 06:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Thanks Im going to give that a try. Anyone know what size it should be or how I would figure that out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in