stock internals??? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2016, 11:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default stock internals???

Turbo because i need it,

So, cheap tubro, stock internals, dsm injectors, stock cam. stock valve train, internals are fresh though, if i may add.

The only reason im saying cheap turbo and so on, is because half the turbo stuff i have was given to me, and im getting the intercooler and bov, and w/g and everything else is going to be dirt cheap.

what kind of tune and what kind psi am i going to be able to run and run on daily and reliably. Not looking for any smart ass answers, its a serious question, on probably the worlds smallest budget build ever. about 3 dollars, (theres a joke) so just give me some options or ideas im open to anything. i need boost for hills and passing cars, im so sick of needing to down shift to third to make it up a hill, or run second all the way up a mountain.

so let a brother know.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wanab_boosted_eg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2016, 11:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

d15b7 in an EG hatch. sorry.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-28-2016, 11:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

asking what psi you can run says either you think PSI is a pwoer rating, or you think we can figure out what turbo you are running without you saying any details

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 11:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Your not really..........................

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2016, 01:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 4 cityofcaterpillars is learning the way of the Dcityofcaterpillars is learning the way of the D

Oh boy. You're going to need alot more specifics before anyone here will help you. Trust me I just went through the same things. I'm about $2000 into my "budget" setup and I'm not done gathering parts. And thats used parts.

What size turbo do you have?
What condition is the engine in?
What is youre budget really?

Even after you piece together a kit you still need engine management and a tune. Also not cheap

Last edited by cityofcaterpillars; 09-28-2016 at 01:07 PM.
cityofcaterpillars is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2016, 01:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

robgoof Still a JDM Star....robgoof Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

I like the part about all the way up the mountain...good times
robgoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2016, 06:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

I honestly almost hate asking questions on her specifically for the smart ass remarks. Obviously you need a tune, and obviously you have no clue what turbo I have, because I never said anything about it in the first post. Psi is no power rating; it's a simple question as to what you think stock internals would handle. 3psi 4psi 100psi etc... it's a fresh b7 top to bottom, about 2600 miles on the rebuild. No one can ever just give an opinion or ask a simple question without some smart ass remark, I really hate that about these forum pages. You make a forum to ask questions and show interest in something that someone else may have already experienced.. not to be a dick and point and laugh and ask irrelevant questions.
Old 09-28-2016, 06:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

b7 is the weakest of them all. '

do a search maybe? maybe youll see they like to give up at 200hp? maybe psi means dick? stock it handles about 150psi, now what?

you hate being mocked? lol, so do a fucking search and attempt to make it seem like you searched instead of trying to be spoon fed.

time to break out an oldie (but a goodie)

koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2016, 06:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

HEY BRO CALM THE FUCK DOWN

Cant you see me rolling? they hating!!

Build what you have!

Old 09-28-2016, 06:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

you asked a foolish question.

what power a d15b7 will take is entirely up to who ever is tuning it.

there are 320whp d16z6's out there drag racing for a couple years, and there are 135whp baby turbo d16z6's blowing up and showering the road with metal.

I know my d15b7 blew up at stock everything when I had a foot long intake on it (short ram) and my bald Falken Azeni tires splashed enough water up to make it cry and hydrolock

But that motor still drove me 2 miles home, where it never ran again. No turbo required.

Do the right thing, grab a 1.6 liter setup

Build what you have!

Old 09-29-2016, 04:08 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Hahahahaha

So you say you never said the turbo, but ask how much psi can the motor take.
Then say psi doesnt mean power output.

Oh yea your so really for boost. Have fun, and a nice day. Thank you please come again.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2016, 04:45 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

I want to turbo my 89 Hf with a stock d15b6, I have narrowed my turbo selection down to 2 possibilities:

Any suggestions?

Old 09-29-2016, 05:46 AM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 Fast_Eddie is fly like an eagleFast_Eddie is fly like an eagleFast_Eddie is fly like an eagleFast_Eddie is fly like an eagleFast_Eddie is fly like an eagleFast_Eddie is fly like an eagleFast_Eddie is fly like an eagleFast_Eddie is fly like an eagleFast_Eddie is fly like an eagleFast_Eddie is fly like an eagleFast_Eddie is fly like an eagle

A few members on here have done stock b7 or b7 mini me boost builds on here with pretty good success. While their not big power (<180whp) due to the rods they still sound pretty fun with instant power.

Since your on such a tight budget why not look into options such as a mini me, or other options like the d15beast7 thread. You really don't need that much power to make it up a hill. Both options would cost less than everything you still need to get your turbo up and running properly.
Fast_Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2016, 10:34 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

There's this like. Forum, on the internet. And on that forum, theres like, a sub forum, it like, has a title and stuff, it's pretty cool actually. It's called a forced induction sub forum, and in that forum, there's like this thing called a sticky, it like, saves it at the top, so it's super easy to find. So in this forum, there's a sub forum, that has this sticky called f.a.q. and it has like a whOle bunch of answers to questions and stuff.
theotherchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2016, 10:57 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Aside from beeing hammered for obviously not searching, I think the best bet with extremely low budget is to find a d16y7 no-tec head or any vtec head, send it off to be rebuilt, and enjoy being a honda owner in the sub 10% catergory of finally not burning any amount of oil.

It will run better, save gas, and perform better.

But by FAR the best upgrade if you struggle uphill is to swap transmissions.

Cuz if 2nd gear is required up the mountains, you still have the DX box, or your motor is in shitty SHITTY condition.

my auto-tragic d16y7 no-power edition has no problem going uphills in 3rd gear, which gear wise should be somewhat similar to your DX 4th gear, perhaps just a tad shorter.

No power adders on my car either

Build what you have!

Old 09-29-2016, 11:46 AM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

i deserved every bit of bashing i got and for that i do apologize, so thanks for the imput from everyone even on the noob bashing ones, i got a kick out of it. once again thanks. i do need to search more, and i do need to think first, so my bad.

Old 09-29-2016, 12:54 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Baby steps. Dont jump right in.

book knowledge/forum knowledge is a large and ungainly first step, but required to attain enough of a background to understand some of the information available.

read first, run later lol

Build what you have!

Old 09-29-2016, 12:59 PM   #18 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chrisfrom1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanab_boosted_eg View Post
i deserved every bit of bashing i got and for that i do apologize, so thanks for the imput from everyone even on the noob bashing ones, i got a kick out of it. once again thanks. i do need to search more, and i do need to think first, so my bad.

Welcome to D-series! You just passed the first test!

Last edited by Chrisfrom1986; 09-29-2016 at 01:01 PM.
Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2016, 06:08 PM   #19 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisfrom1986 View Post
Welcome to D-series! You just passed the first test!

quoted for truth.

now on to round 2 lol
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2016, 07:18 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series SoCal Division

Rep Power: 16 AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!
AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!

Turboing your car for the first time is equivalent to having sex for the first time. Get some REAL facts and learn from those who have actually done it, not from people who think they know what they're saying. Believe me and other who have chimed in, do some research and then do some more.

Honestly though, D15B7 is a weak platform. But if that is what your working with than I say your limit is around 185 whp. It's all about the TUNE!

One more thing bro, get a better cam.

D15Beast7

1993 civic dx hatch
jdm d15b vtec obd1
web level 1 cam
15g turbo 13 psi
STOLEN!
AJAY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in