New/improved taillight gaskets - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2016, 11:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default New/improved taillight gaskets

Having a couple leaks in the trunk, working on getting the weatherstripping to seal. Can anyone point on where to buy the new improved gaskets for the tailights? I've looked on eBay with no definitive answer on which are the newer thicker style.
solarflare is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2016, 12:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Also certain there's supposed to be some sort of plastic vent piece here on an opening on the back driver's side corner of the trunk, I've seen it in pics but mine is just an big rectangular hole that leads to the back of the bumper behind the back tire. What's it called or when can I find it?
Old 09-06-2016, 12:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

what car? that helps a lot when trying to find parts....

search ebay

I call those rectangle pieces trunk vents. checking a honda oem parts site will clue you onto the real name.

But start with what car

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2016, 12:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
what car? that helps a lot when trying to find parts....

search ebay

I call those rectangle pieces trunk vents. checking a honda oem parts site will clue you onto the real name.

But start with what car
Oops! 2000 civic DX coupe
Old 09-06-2016, 01:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Neoprene Sheets, Rubber, Poker Table Foam, Neoprene Pads
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
LowFlyin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2016, 02:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Guess I'm SOL on getting precut pieces? If not then what thickness for those pieces?
Old 09-06-2016, 05:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

hotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 30 reviews

Can always RTV em....

Quote:
Take it from somebody who has actually done it more then once and not read about it on the internet......
hotrodj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2016, 09:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodj View Post
Can always RTV em....
Yea I may pull them and try to get them to seal.

Anyone know where to find that drivers side trunk vent piece besides digging through cars at the junk yard?
Old 09-07-2016, 09:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

goddamnit you have failed to try searching

ebay has them

I literally typed in "00 civic taillight gaskets"

instantly found these, cuz I searched. TRY IT

OEM
New 99 00 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe SI EX DX HX Foam Tail Light Gaskets S02 | eBay

non oem brand, still work okay
DMT HONDA IMPROVED Material 96 00 Civic 2dr Taillight Gasket Set

EDIT ebay has zero 96-00 trunk moisture vents as far as my quick search showed me, unless RSX vents can be made to work

your luck will most likely be in a salvage yard or finding a civic being parted out. Should be matching 96-00

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

Last edited by mattliston; 09-07-2016 at 09:41 PM.
mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in