Input on turbo kit? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2016, 12:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Input on turbo kit?

Starting off by stating I've never turbo'd a car looking for all the info I can get. I have a 94 del sol si w stock d16z6 I'm planning on building all the engine internals before the turbo but what is your guys opinion on this kit? https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00R4...VAE1RPXYMPM48A
I'm looking for 250-300hp and want reliable. Is this kit too cheap?? Should I piece together the system instead of buying a kit? Thoughts and opinions highly appreciated!
Solrider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2016, 02:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

ebay kit, good luck with fitment.

if you want a bolt on kit, greg at go-auto is your man. or rcauto, or piece together your own
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2016, 02:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Will not come with all you need. And alot of the parts are eother cheap or wont fit without modding.
It is best to piece together your own kit.

The turbos and cast iron "ebay" will work and last.
The main problem you run into is thin piping, crappy oil lines, cheap fake alumi fittings (yes i said fake), noquality control on the wg, etc...

So better to research what parts have work for others and use those.

And just know what you listed is only half the battle you need fuel managment and a tune.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2016, 06:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
ebay kit, good luck with fitment.

if you want a bolt on kit, greg at go-auto is your man. or rcauto, or piece together your own
Thanks for the input! I'm definitely not going eBay route for anything. I figured it was too cheap to be anything of worth. Thanks again I'll be contacting them
Old 08-29-2016, 06:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by xile6 View Post
Will not come with all you need. And alot of the parts are eother cheap or wont fit without modding.
It is best to piece together your own kit.

The turbos and cast iron "ebay" will work and last.
The main problem you run into is thin piping, crappy oil lines, cheap fake alumi fittings (yes i said fake), noquality control on the wg, etc...

So better to research what parts have work for others and use those.

And just know what you listed is only half the battle you need fuel managment and a tune.
Thank you! I'll continue to steer clear from the cheap I don't plan on using eBay parts. And I'm aware of what else needs to be done I'm currently trying to get a total blueprint for what needs to go into te car and I'm stuck on building the turbo since I've never dealt with before.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

I had a really good experience with fitment with the godspeed turbo kit. The downpipe was maybe an inch off from the exhaust, but other than that, everything fit like a glove.

This is a slightly different version than I got. The one I got was about $700.

1988-2000 Honda Civic D15 D16 T3T4 Turbo Kit : Godspeed Performance
jrsammysanchez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2016, 12:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 N1ck is learning the way of the DN1ck is learning the way of the D

Some people have good luck with ebay kits, others, well not so much.

If you don't rely on your car to get to work everyday it might be a decent option, $500-$700 for a 95% kit is dirt cheap. lines and adapters are cheap and can be found locally, make sure you get injector and a good tune and have fun.
N1ck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in