Extreme Budget d16 turbo build - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2016, 08:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Extreme Budget d16 turbo build

Im buying a ebay turbo kit. i dont wanna hear there junk, i know. I will be running it at 8psi. im confused as to a cheap way to make it not lean. any cheap injectors i can buy without having to replace fuel rail. im new to turbos so i dont know a cheap way to go as a tune and ecu. also if i do get bigger injectors from stock, i need a fuel pump right? im sorry if im soundling like a noob. ive read that i can get a fmu but i will run rich. very confused with ecu's and tunes, also the Fuel to air ratio. im seeking to get 200hp my budget for the fuel and ecu is under 400$
grounder21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2016, 08:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Chipped obd1 ecu (chrome)
wideband
wally 255 fuel pump
stock rail
Cheap Low imp injectors with resistor box

This is going to be the cheapest reliable setup. Although this still requires some experience and knowledge to do. You need to do more research before you attempt anything. Your going to blow the welds on your intake kid.
Misease 99 EK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2016, 09:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

for the injectors what cc 250?
grounder21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2016, 09:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by grounder21 View Post
Im buying a ebay turbo kit. i dont wanna hear there junk, i know. I will be running it at 8psi. im confused as to a cheap way to make it not lean. any cheap injectors i can buy without having to replace fuel rail. im new to turbos so i dont know a cheap way to go as a tune and ecu. also if i do get bigger injectors from stock, i need a fuel pump right? im sorry if im soundling like a noob. ive read that i can get a fmu but i will run rich. very confused with ecu's and tunes, also the Fuel to air ratio. im seeking to get 200hp my budget for the fuel and ecu is under 400$
Quote:
Originally Posted by grounder21 View Post
for the injectors what cc 250?
Since you're on a budget I would look for some DSM 450's. unless you have a y7 you're stock injectors are about 240 which aren't enough. Do research man, so many people have turbo'd stock single cams. There is information everywhere on this site.
Misease 99 EK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2016, 03:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

robgoof Still a JDM Star....robgoof Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

400$ for fuel and ecu + turbo kit + miscellaneous+gonna blow it up cause no clue ,pretty far from extreme budget .

``
op needs to read .
robgoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2016, 04:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

highly suggest throwing your plans for a turbo out FOR NOW.

spend the REAL money getting a tuning solution.

learn it. play with the stock motor.

then slowly purchase the real items you want.

building junkyard stuff is far better than an ebay type garbage kit. find an old saab or dsm in the clunker pile to steal the turbo and injectors from

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2016, 07:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

lol....

Read the showcase builds. Read a few pages or if. a few different builds.
Get an idea of what everyone is doing and why they choicen to do that. There is a ton of good info out there.

sorry but it sounds to me like you got on youtube and saw some turbo civic and now you wanna turbo your civic without knowing anything other then you want it to go fast and go phssssssss.

do some more re scearch and if your too cheap to do it right then it will fail and your be to broke to fix it.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2016, 09:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Get a set of DSM turbo injectors (440cc, low-impedance), so you'll need connectors and a resistor box if you are OBD1. If you are OBD0, good to go.
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
LowFlyin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2016, 02:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

psi means dick.

do more reading.
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2016, 04:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!

We can't even tune it properly in the UK for $400, let alone getting the optimum fuel system parts.

Enjoy the car for a while. The suggestion for slowly accumulating stuff from other vehicles in junkyards is a good one. The 'read a lot' idea is even better. If you'd like a quicker car in the meantime, strip out all the weight you don't need.

What car is it, by the way?

Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
budget build ebay turbo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in