Push button ignition in 91 ef - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2016, 03:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
gonzo
Restricted account

Rep Power: 0 KidWhoLovesHonda is worse than Satan's assholeKidWhoLovesHonda is worse than Satan's asshole
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Push button ignition in 91 ef

So I still have the keys to my car and everything, but yesterday I was having a problem with My ignition. For some reason, when I went to turn the key, literally nothing happened. I know the battery is still good because when I press the hazard lights button, they come on. So anyways, like the idiot I am, I cut the wires behind the ignition switch hoping to test them to see if I could hot wire the car... No luck. So now here I am asking if maybe one of you knew the issue I was having when turning the key. Also, does anyone know a good tutorial for a push button ignition for an Ef? I can't seem to find a good one. Anything helps. I need to get around in this car ASAP.
KidWhoLovesHonda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2016, 03:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 Fast_Eddie is fly like an eagleFast_Eddie is fly like an eagleFast_Eddie is fly like an eagleFast_Eddie is fly like an eagleFast_Eddie is fly like an eagleFast_Eddie is fly like an eagleFast_Eddie is fly like an eagleFast_Eddie is fly like an eagleFast_Eddie is fly like an eagleFast_Eddie is fly like an eagleFast_Eddie is fly like an eagle

Why not just re connect the wires you cut? If your trying to solve one issue it may be better to not incorporate more potential problems.
Fast_Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2016, 03:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
gonzo
Restricted account

Rep Power: 0 KidWhoLovesHonda is worse than Satan's assholeKidWhoLovesHonda is worse than Satan's asshole

I'm planning on re soldering them right now. My original plan was to make the push button ignition. That was before the car wouldn't start

Old 08-11-2016, 03:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

or you could get another ignition and new key?
why is your first thought to cut the ignition wiring?
how do you have a red dot already?
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2016, 03:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
gonzo
Restricted account

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
or you could get another ignition and new key?
why is your first thought to cut the ignition wiring?
how do you have a red dot already?
Idk about the red dot. I can't even see it as I'm on mobile.
My thought to cut the wires was because I don't have a multimeter and I was going to try to Hotwire the car in an effort to see what's happening. I tried to Hotwire it based on what I saw online and still nothing.
Old 08-11-2016, 03:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

but you literally could have taken it apart instead of cutting it. hell, it plugs into the fuse box
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 08-11-2016, 03:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
gonzo
Restricted account

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
but you literally could have taken it apart instead of cutting it. hell, it plugs into the fuse box
It's a little too late for remorse... I need a solution
Old 08-11-2016, 03:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

youre s.o.l lol. you may just need a new ignition switch.
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 08-11-2016, 05:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 Fast_Eddie is fly like an eagleFast_Eddie is fly like an eagleFast_Eddie is fly like an eagleFast_Eddie is fly like an eagleFast_Eddie is fly like an eagleFast_Eddie is fly like an eagleFast_Eddie is fly like an eagleFast_Eddie is fly like an eagleFast_Eddie is fly like an eagleFast_Eddie is fly like an eagleFast_Eddie is fly like an eagle

Before you cut the wires did you hear if your fuel pump was priming?
Fast_Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2016, 09:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
gonzo
Restricted account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
Before you cut the wires did you hear if your fuel pump was priming?
Yeah, literally nothing was happening. Wound up being the ignition switch fuse... LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in