To IC or not to IC - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2016, 09:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 scrambles2112 is learning the way of the Dscrambles2112 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default To IC or not to IC

Super ultra serious question. Is anyone here spraying any mix of water meth either pre or post turbo and NOT running an IC? Snow performance says on their website under 30 psi your good without an IC but I wanna see some actual test results. I have a snow performance stage 2 kit im going to be using on my rocketship but it isn't currently running so I can't really test this idea. Lmk what ya think!
scrambles2112 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2016, 11:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

Seriously though, an I/C is so cheap now...why not run one?
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2016, 12:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 scrambles2112 is learning the way of the Dscrambles2112 is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK92_D16 View Post
Seriously though, an I/C is so cheap now...why not run one?
Im just trying to get my rocketship to be as efficient as possible. I'd just like to get my spool time from 0 seconds to negative 0 lol.
scrambles2112 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2016, 01:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 STRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunna

i would never not run a ic.

if your worried about spool time run an new turbo sized to your motor.

of coarse any big big turbo is going to take a bit to spool on a tiny d series.

stratton.
STRATTON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2016, 03:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

spraying straight water is much more efficient in lowering intake temps and controlling detonation than methanol, methanol is useful if you want an additional fuel source with a high octane rating.

I just met with a guy that is spraying meth/water and is getting a 70 degree drop on a non intercooled turbo ls1 bringing his temps down from 200+ to 130ish and this was a fairly large 76mm turbo, your small turbo is going to be pushing ALOT of heat if not properly sized. I was considering doing the same thing, but in the end water cooling was simply too easy to do and much more reliable/easier to tune. Plus you can get that instant throttle response you want out of an air/water setup due to the small amount of piping required.

Last edited by cervan; 08-04-2016 at 03:43 PM.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in