Main bearings, again!!! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2016, 08:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Main bearings, again!!!

Nah, I've done my research on what I need bearings i need for the crank. I'm not looking for any answers as far as making sure I have the correct sizes. But has anyone ordered from HondaPartsNow.com? Are the manufacturers that make the bearings, the same company that makes them for Honda? Recommendation for sites that you have bought OEM bearings from? HondaAutomotiveparts.com?
Djruel01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2016, 03:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

any specific reason you want oem only? ACL has a great track record with pretty much everything from daily drivers to 1200+ b-series builds.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2016, 04:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HondaDNA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...

Last edited by HondaDNA; 08-04-2016 at 04:25 PM.
HondaDNA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2016, 04:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Because I don't need standard sizes. Standard is a little too loose on my mains.
Old 08-05-2016, 03:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

what'd you do that you even need to replace the mains? the ones on my 170k B18C1 looked brand new...

the rods on the other hand, not so much
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2016, 04:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

ripped the motor out of a junk yard and they had 225k on them and a spun thrust bearing. im doing a complete tear down and rebuild. new rods pistons valves and clean everything up and machined.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

You could of also picked one up in picknpull for less than 280 bucks, I did this a wile back, before I took the engine out, with an impact drill, compression tester and visual inspection, determinded the engine was good, didnt even bother doing a rebuild on it.... Till this day I still see the car once in a wile. If thats not cheap they also have the 50% off sale, cheaper but any part is harder to find..
ΩMGA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2016, 10:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

I got the whole thing with tranny and acc. for 340. plus i was intending to build it and boost it. it had a massive blown head gasket. plus im building this motor to replace my DD. I'd rather build one ground up knowing its all good than put a junk yard motor in hoping it will hold up without having to do unexpected work down the road. not a risk im willing to take. To restate my original question.... Where do people generally buy their oem bearings from other than the dealership that will charge 20/half where i live.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

ACL are good bearings.

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2016, 04:09 AM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerDrinkin View Post
ACL are good bearings.
Don't those only come in standard or middle "green" sizes? I bought some thinking they would be good... Too loose... So...
Old 08-12-2016, 04:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Describe too loose? What clearance?

EDIT:

Taiho bearings: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Civic-...-/201467177959

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Last edited by BeerDrinkin; 08-12-2016 at 05:01 AM.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2016, 12:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

[QUOTE=BeerDrinkin;4973417]Describe too loose? What clearance?

I'm hitting .002" (the service limit per manual) on all bearings 1-5. Any thoughts.???

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3475.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	352.7 KB
ID:	112377
These are ACL STD sizes^^

EDIT:\
I should also add that I'm shooting for 250whp. I've been reading that you want to have the mains closer to .002? Am I mistaken of this fact?

Last edited by Djruel01; 08-13-2016 at 12:42 PM.
Old 08-14-2016, 07:28 AM   #13 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Just run it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2016, 08:17 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 51 reviews

I ran .002 on my turbo engine with 20w50 no problems. Detonation killed the ring lands on one cylinder but no issues with the bearings 2 years later.

NeonPinHead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in