New Guy, Old Car intro post - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2016, 09:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default New Guy, Old Car intro post

Well I had a good bit typed and ofcourse chrome would crash on me and loose everything so here's a second go.
But hey guys new to the forums and wanted to introduce the old car.
1991 Lx Civic Sedan D15B2
Here's a gist of it the rap sheet, My Dad bought her off the lot in 91 for just shy of 14k for my Mom, her first car ever and my Dads first new car ever. Some years later they had me and split their ways and he let my Mom keep it. She ended up getting a CRV around 05 and the car became a backup car mainly for the beach because we live in sunny Florida.
Growing up I didn't really like the car, was more of a truck kid because of my dads Yota but as I grew up coming to realize what potential these cars carried it's had a place in my heart ever since I opened my eyes.
So when I turned 15 it only made since for me to start driving on the road with it and with enough convincing got the car to be my car at 16 and have been daily driving it ever since. I'm now 18 & just turned over 201,XXX a little while back and is still going good with a few hickups and I drove it like I stole it for the first year haha
So I've been trying to get some life back in her with my near minimum wage job and what little time I had balancing school.
She's rough, the suns done it's tole on her and had to replace the driver door because my mom got in a minor fender bender around 2010. In the future she'll have a nice paint job and i'll get a garage for her but for now it's just bodywork because the rear panels got some rust around the trunk that needs attending.. keep pushing it offf....
Planning on keeping her D series for a good while because 1. cheap and 2. underdogg haha, maybe experiment with a supercharger setup after a refresh, but she'll have a K under the hood way down the road for sure . (If you couldn't tell this cars not going anywhere til the day she's "unfix-able")

But hope I learn some new things and yal can help me along the way of getting her right. Already got an Si cable trans that needs rebuilding and some of the parts for the auto-manual swap, an A6 Intake Mani w/o the rail so need some stuff but I've been hoarding parts as they come available just waiting on funds, I'll get around to starting a build thread I guess once more parts get on there way

Sorry guys too lazy to flip the photo just want yal to see the wink mirror
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160625_231648[1].jpg
Views:	65
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	111674   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160706_110956[1].jpg
Views:	45
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	111682   Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapchat-7093761538544409716[1].jpg
Views:	68
Size:	746.8 KB
ID:	111690   Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapchat-3244158859169151281[1].jpg
Views:	36
Size:	448.9 KB
ID:	111698  
koshiii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2016, 09:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chrisfrom1986

Looks like you're headed in the right direction. Think about maintenence and repair before you start buying things you want and don't need. Lets see where this ends up.

Oh yeah host your pictures off site and post more of your progress.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2016, 12:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Facebook works great for hosting free pics, photosuckit has gone to the dogs.

If you're not on FB, and I can understand why, postimage.org is a great site as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2016, 10:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

postimage.org still the best I found, unless nsfw pics lol.

Nice start, cool little story, welcome to the D.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2016, 03:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

robgoof Still a JDM Star....robgoof Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

got any more shots of the truck?

robgoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2016, 05:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Bought it from Australia?

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2016, 07:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
B-series Destroyer

Rep Power: 22 rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Love them 4 doors.
You link all the grounds, then wire each solenoid into the spark plug wires, that way they hit sequentially as the engine fires. This creates what I like to call asphalt shattering VTEC.
rico58204 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2016, 12:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Thanks Chris, just did a the while ignition system basically, new (ebay new) B2 distributor, Gpower NGk Plugs, and just swapped my wires today lifetime warranty for free and a valve cover and the oil seals on the cam caps and no more top end oil leaks and saturated plugs but still got a bad rear main seal but ill get to that when the tranny gets rebuilt and I swap it in. Since the initial post I got my 5-speed pedal assembly and shifter linkage, after the rebuild all that's left should be mounts, flywheel, and the wiring. Got a little bit of oil leaking from the front left (when facing engine bay) from the HG by the Block Stamp. No coolant to oil mixing so I'm hoping its all gravy. Timing Belt & Water Pump & thermostat are next on the list.

And thanks Trans & Who I'll try it out & I'm on the Book but never on the Book haha

And Rob I think I do on my other laptop or my HD. It's my buddies D21 but we think he through a rod or the Neutral safety switch failed so it's been sitting up in his yard and he's bought a little s14 since then so he hasn't gone near it, one day we'll pull the plugs and try to see if the block we'll cycle. But I'll see if I can dig 'em up later. It was a work truck at Harry T's in destin that he and his pops got for free or like $300.

BeenDrinkin you say that because it's upside down? hahah you been drinkin? nah It was bought off the lot in Pensacola Florida, an hours drive from my town. Back then they had the same cars but the base model's for way more and my Pops searched around and ended up with this LX for way less.

& right Rico, 4 door 4 more... nah it's such a great car and DD and first car honestly. If it weren't for this car I'd probabably never pay attention to sedans
Old 11-08-2016, 12:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

I'm honestly trying to get it off the road tho, got a leak trickling from the front left by the fender and cowl right into my driver floorboard and water getting in to my driver vent and it's been really annoying but hasn't rained much. The rust is getting pretty bad too, would love to get her indoors and really go at this body work but until I get a reasonable second car it's what I got
Old 11-08-2016, 06:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

You can take the window out and sand the rust away where applicable then window seal with 3M that bitch back in, or use stock clips. Maybe rent a garage for a month somewhere? Although...rust is lighter then carbon fiber.....the running water thing sucks.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in