99civicDX help me pls? I'm new - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org » Everything Else » New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2016, 10:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default 99civicDX help me pls? I'm new

Hello, I'm new to the forum and I don't know if this is how I post things , well I'll just get into what this is all about .

I have a d16y7 and I'm putting a y8 head with the vtec dizzy and I'm going to wire it , stock internals besides Vitara pistons for now. I am not going to lie I'm not extremely educated on forced induction I've learned everything I can without going to school for it or doing hands on learning before making this thread"if I'm even making a thread" . I have cleaned and set the valves and head , checked all specs on the y8 head it's healthy to say the least , what I'm having a issue with is ...

1 which turbo to go with , I know too big or too small is a issue and I want reliability , as it will be a daily , it's not slammed has 0 stickers and no tow hook . Price isn't a issue but I don't need the Mona Lisa of snails.

2 I have obd2 I know I need a obd2 to obd1 conversion and a chipped obd1 what I don't know is the best option to get it for this ,any links would be appreciated or any info on that topic if you have a few cents to give me on it I've found some company's that sell chipped obd1 but I don't know anyone around me so I have no Motörhead friends to talk with to get insight on finding a reputable place to get one.

3 i have the p2e mt "manual trans" it's the stock 99 civic trans I'd like a lsd trans any info on what you guys find best for dailying would be great that works with the d16..

I'm going to go to a pro tuner if I can find one to tune it once the soch beast is all put together , I'm failing it right now with a y7 head it's 100%stock still has the original Honda car manual and all that jazz,no check engine light , had to fix the 02 only issue I've had with it, It's my second Honda I had a 91 crx with a b18a "Ls?" And it eventually got too racecar to daily and my pregnant wife hated it , it was slammed but I'm going for a less ricey ride this time but I still need some power and this DX is probably getting 90ftpnd of torque with the Ac on lol , sorry if I sound like a idiot or anything I'm just looking for help being as I have no friends around me to talk to.godbless and safe travels to all!
Snailspeedstudent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2016, 11:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

you. need. to. search.

there is literally a sticky with the info you need. google is 6 letters followed by a .com and can show you MILLIONS of pages of info.
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2016, 02:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chrisfrom1986

Your best bet might be to just swap in a crv engine for now while you spend the next year researching and reading.

Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2016, 11:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

It's funny I ask for opinions of what people have used before being that I want to get up to date links and info , instead you just tell me to google and search, go off yourselves I'll go to a better forum thanks
Old 06-27-2016, 11:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

"Better" is a very subjective term.

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2016, 11:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

I'd get a b series if I did a swap I really just wanted to stick with the sohc ,but as I figured I'd get pointed to google. I asked valid descriptive questions , I'll do the research myself I don't know what I was thinking getting opinions of others in my shoes, thanks for your google input though
Old 06-27-2016, 12:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Yeah your right @beer . I'm just butt hurt getting pointed to google , and treated like a peasant . If I knew how to edit id change that last sentence , but as I'm forum retarted lol I'll just disappear good luck all
Old 06-27-2016, 12:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Mfactory makes the LSD for your trans and it is a high quality unit.

Greg @ Goautoworks can get you all turbo related parts needed, you did not list how much HP you were looking to get or any supporting mods you were planning on to keep the block together so sizing/price will vary.

Xenocron can get you all the tuning stuff you will need except the obd1 ecu.

The thing is everyone that is here see's this stuff everyday, some kid wants to get into a turbo when he just bought his 1st Honda and wants handouts instead working hard to get there. Show some research and introduce yourself. Make a list of parts that you think you are going to need. But the biggest lesson for you today with your project weather you stay or go. Get a budget... double it.

1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

Last edited by BeerDrinkin; 06-27-2016 at 12:18 PM.
Old 06-27-2016, 12:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snailspeedstudent View Post
Yeah your right @beer . I'm just butt hurt getting pointed to google , and treated like a peasant . If I knew how to edit id change that last sentence , but as I'm forum retarted lol I'll just disappear good luck all
the button youre looking for is "log out". quick to get butthurt when you don't get spoon fed. stop whining and use the search feature.
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2016, 12:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Thank you @ beer and I can totally understand people always getting spoonfed info trying to turbo to be cool, this isn't me My hp goals are 200-225,if I get more hp that's awesome but I mainly want reliability just enough to make it fun in the corners and feel a lil pull when I get on it . My budget is let's say 5k. I'll be doing this over a 6 month timespan it's no rush , and I may want to do more or less to it as I go but as it stands I want to do all these mods as follows.

Y8 head
Vtec dizzy
I already have vitara 75mm low Comp Pistons
I need better injectors and probably a better throttle body/intake . I hear good things on a aem one I bookmarked
Arp head bolts
Chipped Ecu "obd1"
A better clutch and trans
A turbo and all that applies to the turbo piping waste gate header ect
Quietest exhaust that allows good flow

Sorry I acted immature eg I just got mad getting pointed to google , I made this thread as a conversationalist type of thread where I could learn from people that have more knowledge than me on this , i see all over this forum where people try to get spoonfed info and to be put in that category literally hurt me lol . Hate me if you want I understand , and thanks for the info I will def look into it all when I have a chance to sit and focus . My dads been a fabricator his whole life so some custom piping shouldn't be a job too big for him. I've used this forum to learn many things and I've been using it for info since I was 20 , I've never posted BEACUSE I've always found answers in the treads, and I appreciate that you all take the time to write them up BEACUSE I really appreciate it , sorry to anyone I offended and any more or less info I'll be glad to give , I'll post pics of the project as it goes . Sorry once again
Old 06-27-2016, 02:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

My late introduction,
Hi my names Thomas, I'm from Alabama and I live a simple life, don't know many people around me and all I do is work and spend time with my wife, I've been into Hondas for a long time , my first was a 91 crx si with a b18a swap all motor, it really was a blast I had to sell it Beacuse I really couldn't tolorate its size , my knee was bruised from rubbing the center console and it was time for something bigger. I'm not a certified mechanic but I'd say I'm smarter than the average guy around me, being I've been alone on my Honda learning adventure , I've helped do 2 swaps before putting h22 in a ek and the b18 in the Rex, this is my first nice not molested civic and I want to take pride in it and I'm more than willing to learn anything I need to and I still learn everyday I'll never know everything to the Honda game I know this, but I try and forced induction is my next step , I'm not saying I don't know anything about it BEACUSE I do , but I'm no pro. And yes I could google till my hands are blue to find info out and everything which I'm sure I'll still do BEACUSE I love learning about these types of things. I've done more work on Chevy vehicles than anything grew up working on engines with my dad. I could live in my garage honestly it's where I'm happy . I'm expecting a son in a few months and I cannot be more excited .im 25 years young . I don't know how to do the official meet and greet on here so here it is. Hope Eg forgives me for being immature and I hope the forum can benefit from me as much as I have benefited from it in the past . Thanks for your help
Old 06-28-2016, 05:17 AM   #12 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Make an intro thread and post a pic of your car, let this thread die out. Best advice you will get today.

1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in