Valve lash question!! To clarify!! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2016, 01:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 18 Boricuanolgy is hot as a volcanoBoricuanolgy is hot as a volcano
Boricuanolgy is hot as a volcanoBoricuanolgy is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Default Valve lash question!! To clarify!!

Sup guys it's been a while so hope everyone is doing well!!

This got me confused, and I have a question just to clarify. I got my feeler gauge from Craftsman, its the one that is a bit longer and it has an angle that makes it a lot easier to to use. I guess my question is, are all feeler gauge give both mm and inches?

intake 0.18 - 0.22 mm (0.007 -0.009 in.)
exhaust 0.23-0.27 mm (0.009-0.011 in.)

This is what the Civic Manual shows, and my feeler gauge only has mm on it NOT inches. I'm confuse cause I was planing for my measurements to go in the middle, so was planing to go with 8 for intake and 10 for exhaust but a lot of people told me to go tighter so I'm undecided now.

But the question really bothering me is, everyone seems to go for the measurement shown in red which is in Inches, NOT the green which the manuals has them as mm.

I ask cause I took both of them out (the ones in red and the ones in green) and its a different between day and night and all of them says mm on each leaf.

Did I confused you guys? LOL

By the way I have done this million times but I notice that and it confused and I wanted to ask you guys.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	feeler gauge lash.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	110226  

Last edited by Boricuanolgy; 06-26-2016 at 01:26 PM.
Boricuanolgy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2016, 01:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

theyre the same measurement..........does it really matter if they equal the same?

maybe its easier to find an sae feeler than it is metric
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2016, 02:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

That's what got me thinking, I have done it in the past and i go for the .00? I figure I ask cause the feeler shows two numbers but only shows "mm" not "inches". LOL feels weird being in the NOOB section LOL

Old 06-26-2016, 04:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Huh? both numbers are listed in the manual and on the feller (pun intended) gauges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2016, 06:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 29 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Bro...

The top number on the feeler gauge is in inches, the bottom is in millimeters.

The manual lists both inches and millimeters though?

For example:

R.I.P. Pat Primmer

Last edited by Paterico; 06-26-2016 at 06:35 PM.
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2016, 07:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

its just one of those things youre over thinking.
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2016, 10:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chrisfrom1986

Way over thinking, pick a unit of measurement. Your feeler gauges are in mm then use the corresponding measurement.

Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2016, 07:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

LOL, like I said i have done valve lash hundreds of times, my point was, or at least I thought it was that the gauge says mm and not inches even thou that measurement is there also. I was just thinking out loud, did I mention I'm loosing my mind lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in