y7 head on z6 block(no-tec) - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2016, 08:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default y7 head on z6 block(no-tec)

I have been looking on here for quite some time and cant really find exactly what I am looking for. There are thousand of threads on the Y8 on Z6 mini me swaps, but there is not anything about doing a Y7 on a Z6 block. i know there is a guy on here that has this set up and drives it daily, or at least he did. What i want to know is what i would need to do this. I currently have the JDM D15B SOHC ZC non vtec motor, which has the P2A-10 head, which ive confirmed is basically a Y7 head. I am picking up a Z6 block because the block have now the rings are bad and smokes quite a bit. I really do not have the time to rebuild the motor right now so i was just going to get a block and just swap the block for now. What would i need to do to make this happen? Would i need a different cam gear? would i need a ticker or thinner head gasket? Or is it just mat the head to the block and go kind of thing? any input, advice, or information would be helpful thank you
jfowlercb7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2016, 12:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Why not hone and put in new rings? It would take you an extra hour or 2 to do that vs just swapping the Z6 block.

Ball hone is $30-40 and NPR rings are $30-40
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
LowFlyin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2016, 01:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

well right now this car is my daily and my other car i am doing a trans swap in it, so i was wanting to just bang this out as quick as possible. Plus eventually i am wanting to go boost and rods and pistons are easier to find for the z6 than the b7(which is what my bottom end is equivalent to). I am going to rebuild the bottom end i have in the car now, i also have to get a new crank, I think, because the guy that had the car before me broke the key off on the crank where the harmonic balancer goes on.

Old 06-24-2016, 04:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

treat the Y7 like a d16Y8 head as far as cam gear choice.

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2016, 11:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Ok thanks for the information it is greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in