Problems with drivers side window - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2016, 03:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to pontiacman
Default Problems with drivers side window

So I just put in a new Drivers side window regulator. The motor was fine but the teeth got chewed up so it wouldn't roll all the way up. Anyhow after putting the new one on the window goes up and down but it's stopping about a inch before being all the way down. Can't figure out why. Anyone have any idea's? I quadruple checked it and it's on the guides and everything seems fine. And when the window is down and you hit the button you can hear the motor still trying to pull it down further because it didn't reach the stop yet. Is there some kind of adjustment I am missing? I loosened all the bolts and rolled it up and down to see if it would make a diff. but nothing. Any input will help. Thanks.
pontiacman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2016, 01:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 Icarus is a name known to allIcarus is a name known to allIcarus is a name known to allIcarus is a name known to allIcarus is a name known to allIcarus is a name known to allIcarus is a name known to allIcarus is a name known to allIcarus is a name known to all

sorry man --> https://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-f...rum-rules.html

you gonna upset someone posting here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2016, 04:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

correct ^, in future make new threads in proper sections.

OP, I would see if you have accidentally rolled over the rubber guide somewhere.

Take the door panel back off, loosen all the bolts slightly relating to regulator/motor/window tracks.

pop the speaker out, and have a look at window guide. make sure nothing is in it, and push it fully into the metal "spine"

then double the window motor life by regularly spraying silicone spray into the guides with the window fully down. like once every 3-6 months depending how hot or dirty your area gets

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2016, 05:33 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to pontiacman

Ok.. sorry figured DIY forum would be for things im doing myself. I can't figure out how to delete this post. If someone can tell me how to do it I will delete it. Or if a mod reads this just delete it. Thanks
pontiacman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2016, 09:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

was the arm maxed out in the down/up location when you put the motor in? maybe you ran out of teeth before it went all the way up/down

also

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
sorry man --> https://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-f...rum-rules.html

you gonna upset someone posting here.
I has certain powers lol I come around now and then and do stuff
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in