Worth $100? Or scrap. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2016, 09:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 evotec1 will become famous soon enoughevotec1 will become famous soon enoughevotec1 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Worth $100? Or scrap.

D17 up on an offer site, owner ran it completely dry of oil and it was knocking, didn't sieze but definitely failed.

Is the crank likely to be too bad to get massaged back into fighting shape? I figure I can scrap the rest for close to half the price I've talked him down to if it's something I can reuse after some professional attention.

Says it was diagnosed as noise from a connecting rod and he since had the motor replaced. Makes me cringe but hell. I don't know enough to make a decision.
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2016, 10:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Not worth $20

what kind of an asshole tries to get $100 or more for an engine that was run dry of oil?

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2016, 06:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 evotec1 will become famous soon enoughevotec1 will become famous soon enoughevotec1 will become famous soon enough

Lol his ad said 400 and he tried to say the computer told him it was a rod knock at first, that kind of asshole.

I just want the crank for a future build, and something to tear apart before I tear open a motor I'm actually gonna use. Never opened up a Honda really
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-06-14-21-37-55.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	109890  

Old 06-15-2016, 06:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 19 civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

well dont bother.

no oil plus rod knock means the crank is toasted for sure.

civicdxude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2016, 06:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

I wouldnt touch that engine even if it free AND was delivered to my door
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2016, 07:07 AM   #6 (permalink)

keel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by evotec1 View Post
he tried to say the computer told him it was a rod knock at first

My website:
keel_hauled is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2016, 07:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Thanks guys, I'll source something different... No hurry.

I'm just used to stuff costing a lot more, sourcing Honda stuff has been jaw dropping in that regard. And the community is so deep. My mk1 fiesta was the exact opposite (good luck w parts locally, a full tune up set me back $435, vintage formula f guys the only source of engine info)

Last edited by evotec1; 06-15-2016 at 08:49 AM.
evotec1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2016, 03:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!

Are you anywhere near the coast? It might make a good anchor for a buoy.

Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2016, 09:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Real near, like right out the window, but w steely aluminum at 17 cents a pound it's not even worth much as scrap.

He says it turns over and didn't sieze, knocks bad. I'm gonna worry less about parts hording for future stuff and more on the build thread I just started.
Old 06-16-2016, 08:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

not worth the 100$, def has a damaged crankshaft but you may be able to reuse the block.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2016, 06:39 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Crank pistons etc were all I was after but thanks for the advice guys.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in