Long time reader, just now joining - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2016, 07:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Long time reader, just now joining

Hello fellow Honda lovers! I am being lurking and reading on these forums for probably a good 6 months now and finally decided to register. I have a 2000 Honda Civic EX with a D16Y8 engine that I am hoping to throw a turbo on and have it be a play car. I am only going to be driving it in the summer since salt will make this thing rust to all hell and back. I have been fixing small things here and there cosmetically and mechanically to get it back close to 100% before I start going all willy nilly building it up. She has 256,000 miles on it so I am being very tender for now until I can get the motor pulled and inspect what is going on in there. Lots of good advice and reads from the many postings here and I hope that I can learn, contribute and help someone else who may be new to this.
theofa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2016, 08:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

If this is your only means of transportation, I highly advise you to find alternate ways to work while this project is being done.

Too many people just look at the turbo kit and think thats all they need. Or the power starts wearing/breaking other parts and the car now sits waiting for repairs.

Boost is fun, but it will find the weakest part of your car in sequence. this breaks, you fix it, that breaks, you fix it, something else breaks...

Best thing to do is plan it out and get ALL parts your going to need.

Clutch, mounts, possibly axles.

EDIT: oh yea.. welcome aboard
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2016, 08:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

I have a 2014 Escape that is my daily. I think over the winter I am planning on trying to put everything in I need all at once so when it warms back up, I can her over to the dyno for a proper tuning. It seems like the more I read the more I want to squeeze out.

Old 06-09-2016, 12:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Do you have a budget and goal in mind?

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2016, 01:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerDrinkin View Post
Do you have a budget and goal in mind?
$5 and 10's
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
LowFlyin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2016, 01:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2016, 05:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

4-5k. I want to get it done right the first time so I'm having reading and trying to figure out what is best for me.
Old 06-11-2016, 05:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Oh, end goal. Somewhere just north of 300whp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in