IAC question. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2016, 08:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default IAC question.

ive got a D15B1 with the mpfi swap done. I need to buy a new IAC. Do I buy one for the D15B1 or the D16Z6 that the intake manifold came off of?
Squeek485 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2016, 11:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

do you not realize the OBD status needs its specific IACV?

are you OBD0 or OBD1? If you do not know this, you did not do your own mpfi, so ask the person who did it then.

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2016, 12:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

sorry, its an OBD0. I didn't do the MPFI swap. the previous owner did. I know the ECU is from a 91 crx si. and he said the intake came from a 95 or 96 Civic LX.

Old 06-04-2016, 01:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

95 lx would be a d15b7 manifold. a 96 lx would be a d16y7 plenum-less intake manifold with no IACV mount

Build what you have!

Old 06-05-2016, 05:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Well alright then. Now that i feel like an idiot, ill just match serial numbers and go from there. Thanks for the help.
Old 06-05-2016, 07:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HondaDNA

Not to make you feel like more of an idiot but why do you need to buy a new IACV?

Quote:
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...
HondaDNA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2016, 08:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek485 View Post
Well alright then. Now that i feel like an idiot, ill just match serial numbers and go from there. Thanks for the help.
if you can stick a phone or camera behind the manifold, the numbers are usually on the upper or lower back of theplenum.

look for a letter "p" followed by 08, m3, 06, etc

Build what you have!

Old 06-05-2016, 09:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Im thinking IAC because it has had problems with the idle, and every once in a while, it will sputter real bad and wont rev in gear and pushing the throttle. But as soon as you let off the throttle, itll idle smooth. Ive already replaced the TPS last summer as well as cleaned the IAC. It doesnt do this all the time, but enough to where i just want to fix it.
Old 06-05-2016, 10:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek485 View Post
if you can stick a phone or camera behind the manifold, the numbers are usually on the upper or lower back of theplenum.

look for a letter "p" followed by 08, m3, 06, etc

Thank you. Ill will take a look.
Old 06-05-2016, 10:07 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Honda D iacv's very rarely go bad. Imo you should spend some time troubleshooting and verifying the p.o.'s work before throwing parts at it
theotherchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2016, 10:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

...the P.O.'s?
Old 06-05-2016, 10:23 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Previous owner.

You said you replaced the tps, did you calibrate it?
theotherchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2016, 10:23 AM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

On Thursday, it started acting up on me and i could accelerate up the hill to get out of my apartment complex. So i rolled backwards into a parking spot and noticed my check engine light was on. I turnned off the car and started it back up. The check engine light was off and the car didnt give me any other issues for the rest of the night. If i drive "spirited" and push the car a bit, the check engine light will pop on, but it wont run any different. And then whenever i turn the car off and then start it back up, the light will be off.
Old 06-05-2016, 10:24 AM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

Yes i did calibrate it.
Old 06-05-2016, 02:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

did you ever pull the code?
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2016, 04:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

Yea, thats why i replaced the throttle position sensor. It was one of three options, and the cheapest. Figured id start there. Looking over the previous owners work, it looks decent. Aside from some sloppy soldering, all the conections are infact conected.
Old 06-05-2016, 04:36 PM   #17 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

what were the other codes then? if the cheapest "fix" didn't do it.
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 06-05-2016, 04:39 PM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

Well, just went out today to start it and mess around a bit, it wont start and im getting a 4, 8, and 20.
Old 06-05-2016, 04:47 PM   #19 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

(possible sticky?) obd0 code check list - Honda-Tech
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 06-05-2016, 04:52 PM   #20 (permalink)
n00b

Thank you.

I got it running. I should probably mention that ive had this car stolen already so ive been pulling the ECU fuse. This time when i put the fuse back in, i needed to reset the computer by undoing the battery for a bit. There is no check engine light on now. And its idling fine.

Last edited by slo_eg8; 06-05-2016 at 04:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in