newest noob on the block, lets hope i dont mess this up - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2016, 06:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default newest noob on the block, lets hope i dont mess this up

whats up guys, names edgar , i just picked up my first 1990 civic dx hatch ever, ive only owned DA integra and currently have two , i purchased the civic for 350 off facebook, clean title and all , was bought not running due to missing parts like the distributor and ecu and a hack job on the dpfi to mpfi. but came with the stock d15b2 and transmission but with a d16a6 head that was slightly ported and had the casting cleaned up , and a port matched a6 intake manifold, a 2.25 exhaust and a DC sport muffler , and rear disk already installed , and A/C! so far the head was taken to the machine shop where it got checked out and had it milled .002, i bought a oem d16y8 head gasket , a megan cam gear (yea i know) arp head studs $108 off ebay why not! which i could use later on on a A6 or Z6 too, and a DC sport 4to1 header. for 150 i also have the chance of buying a skunk 2 manifold for 125 but from what i researched i dont think ima need it but for the price IDK. i plan on using DA shocks and h&r spring which i have spare from a previous build on the civic and the DA oem sway bars front and backs, i dont really have a plan for the civic but to get it back up and running , maybe turbo down the road. well that was a bit much but thats the reason for me joining this forums , any advice is appreciated and welcomed
mugenguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2016, 06:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Welcome.

I would stick with a stock A6 or Z6 intake manifold. Skunk2 wont do much unless youre reving a fair bit higher than stock.
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2016, 07:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

thanks i appreciate you reading all that lol , so ill go with a port matched z6 manifold , and ima order some thermal gaskets for it too, i didnt see any D series HONDATA thermal gaskets , any suggestions? ZERGS maybe?

Old 05-19-2016, 08:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Skunk2 manifold not worth it. Z6 manifold is best bang for buck. Now save for a good Si trans or DOHC ZC trans if you can find one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2016, 12:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

thanks beerdrinkin, im already looking for a Si trans
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in