Help With z6 swap into 96 Civic Lx - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2016, 06:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Help With z6 swap into 96 Civic Lx

First let me start by saying I have no idea why this engine will not start. I will list everything I did for the swap it will just crank,and crank but no fire.
First I took the Y7 dizzy and took the guts out and put it in the z6 housing.
Put on the y7 intake, though i think i may have only needed to swap injectors but it should still start with this intake.
Y7 alternator.
Used the stock harness just wanted car to run.
also did the ckf bypass trick.
but like I said all it will do is just crank and crank. tried turning the dizzy 180 but it would not fit back into the engine.
I am lost on why it is not starting. I Know a jumper harness and a p28 ecu is preferred but I am not wanting to put anymore money into it.
Shibbinfug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2016, 06:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

check timing. your using y7 ecu? getting fuel and spark? when you say you swapped the guts, did you also swap the gear inside the dist too?
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2016, 07:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

It was awhile ago, we took everything that was from the y7 dizzy and put it in the z6 housing.

Old 05-10-2016, 07:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

the reason I ask, the pick ups are different. teeth arnt always clocked the same. if youre using the z6 shaft and gears with the y7 pick up, it may never line up. also, you sure youre getting power to and from the dizzy?
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

you need y7 ecu to be working with y7 injectors. sounds like you did that.

you need to swap y7 oil pump or bypass crank sensor. sounds like you did that. RECHECK WIRING.

you stuffed the y7 disty guts into a z6. BAD MOVE BAD MOVE undo this. slot ear of y7 distributor a lot, and bolt it to z6 head. might need to chop one ear off.

I highly suggest you find a y7 head and use that with a stock y7 distributor

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2016, 08:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

I read online that we could use the y7 guts and put them into the z6 housing and fish the guts through so the plugs are the same as the harness, BUT I think the problem may be the timing in the dizzy, my friend and I took it apart, I was trying to take it slow and he just kinda jumped into. Needles to say we took the whole thing apart and only marked it the first time. Not sure if something else could be out of time? Like I said I tried flipping it 180 but would not go back in. It is pretty floppy not sure if it should be like that or not.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Use a z6 un modifed dizzy.
The. Go to rywire and get an obd1 to obd2 dizzy harness.

This swap has been done a ton of times.
You only need the z6 head,block and dizzy. Everything else y7.

The crank sensorndoesnt stop it from starting unless you mess up the wiring andncut the wrong wire.
The crank sensor is juse use for misfire detection.

The y7 injectors are smaller the most d injectors but wouldnt cuase a no start. You either be lean or rich depending on the ecu and injector combo you use.
But you said you got y7 and y7 so your good there.

Do what i said about the dizzy and it will start.

Or you can slot the y7 dizzy as other have said

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2016, 07:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

you never answered if you took the shaft out of the y7 or just the electronics. the pick ups are in different locations. me and fodo found this out the hard way

https://www.d-series.org/forums/showc...8-build-9.html
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.

Last edited by slo_eg8; 05-11-2016 at 07:58 AM.
Old 05-11-2016, 03:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

It was a month or two ago but what I remember I literally taking everything from the y7 dizzy and put it in the z6 housing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in