Aem fic - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2016, 02:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 SteveCity is learning the way of the DSteveCity is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Aem fic

Hey guys,

Now I'm not usually one to ask questions as I always research but my situation is odd and can't find anything for it. So I just picked up a 98 civic ex. The previous owner swaped a d15b7 in it(weird ik) becuase the y8 blew. Now what's even weirder is it has a obd2a p75 ecu which I believe is out of an integra. Some how the engine runs perfect idk how. I want to do a low boost turbo with a goal of 150whp as its only a daily. My question is can I get an AEM fic piggy back to tune the turbo setup and will it be reliable with the right tuner and nice turbo setup with reliable parts. I want to keep the ecu and just do a piggy back because I have to pass inspection so it needs to be obd2.
SteveCity is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2016, 03:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 SteveCity is learning the way of the DSteveCity is learning the way of the D

Also my cruise control doesn't work but all the lights do. Who knows what the prevous owner did.
Old 05-05-2016, 08:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

yes on fic.

cruis control could be the box under the hood or missing the vacuum line.
Best thing to do is go over the whole system and see whats out of place

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2016, 11:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Hey thanks a lot, traced out all the vacuum hoses and the one on the im was unplugged. I'm about to test it out.
Old 05-05-2016, 12:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

wow, a P75 on a 1.5L

Id say it running rich as hell
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2016, 01:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Fucking emissions.

Esoteric Image has a valid point. An LS Integra ECU may run the engine okay, but the fuel is going to be off. Its going to be rich on average because of the displacement difference.

I dont have any experience with the AEM, but Ive seen people piggyback a megasquirt in a similar fashion to pass emissions. You keep the existing ECU in place to prive diagnostic info for the testing, but other than that the fuel and ignition is being controlled by the Megasquirt. Theyre just sharing sensors, and the stock ECU is none the wiser.
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2016, 08:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Hey again,

Didn't want to start a new thread as its related to this one. My buddies old 98 civic DX blew and he just junked it. But I snagged his ecu for free, it's for a d16y7 and the ecu is obd2a. I'm thinking it will be better than the ecu I have now and should be a direct plug n play. Before I swap it do you guys think there's any risks on this. Well besides its a different engine than the ecu was meant for but it has to be better than integra one.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCity View Post
Hey again,

Didn't want to start a new thread as its related to this one. My buddies old 98 civic DX blew and he just junked it. But I snagged his ecu for free, it's for a d16y7 and the ecu is obd2a. I'm thinking it will be better than the ecu I have now and should be a direct plug n play. Before I swap it do you guys think there's any risks on this. Well besides its a different engine than the ecu was meant for but it has to be better than integra one.
No it will be worse.

the y7 ecu is for 190cc injectors, 3wire iacv, and its still for a 1.6 motor

if you swap the injectors and was able to wiring in the iacv, then it would run a little better. It will still be a bit on the rich side tho. however the 02 sensor should take care of most of this.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in