New Member Introduction - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2016, 07:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default New Member Introduction

Hey everyone, this is Little Wolf.

As requested, a link to the build page
https://www.d-series.org/forums/showc...ml#post4912314

Been lurking around this forum for sometime and finally joined. A little background of myself, I have been driving Hondas since the mid 90's and started getting into modding in the early 2000's when I was finally able to afford to do that. I had both success and failures dealing with Hondas, but somehow I always end up coming back.

What intially made me come here is a buddy came to me talking about Lemons racing. Well, I have been wanting to race in Lemons the first time I heard about it through Grassroots Motorsports and now finally found someone else who had the same motivation as myself. Funny enough last October I picked up a 1991 Civic Hatchback dx which needed some love for $350. The car was a 2 owner, a mother then her son. By son he was retired by the time he got the car from his mom. The car had a bad case of terminal rust in the rear. Everyrhing else on the car was perfect though. I took the plunge with the intentions to restore this car to its glory. The more I kept digging though, the more it got to the point where I was questioning my ability.

Lucky my buddy came to me and we both decided that this Civic would turn into our Lemons Car, aptly named Little Wolf or Lupulus.

Fast forward to now I am searching for some advice and knowledge with the D series engines. I have worked with B series then moved onto the H and F series engines offered, but never understood why I never did anything with a D Series before. Even though I had a nice setup with an LS engine for this car, the one goal we had for it was to make it as light as possible why improving as many safety features and safety performance.

We are still not sure if we will be accepted into this year's Lemons Race in Thompson,Connecticut but that is not stopping this build.

Well this is about the time a few months back that I started lurking around this forum. Out of all the engines I mentioned, the D series is the lightest which ultimately made the decision a no brainer. We figured for our first outing power levels were not a concern. We are looking to make a bullet proof package first then worry more about speed.

When I am able to start up a build thread I will upload pics and what we have done to the car.

Thanks for reading my introduction, I will get to know everyone more as the days go on

Last edited by Little Wolf; 05-04-2016 at 07:08 AM.
Little Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2016, 07:48 AM   #2 (permalink)

keel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the sky

Welcome and I'm looking forward to possibly meeting you at a Lemons event one day. I've got a couple friends that race B series CRXs in Lemons simply because they have more resources for B series than D. I'm interesting in seeing what sort of setup you piece together for the event. I'm slowly pooling my D series resources up and could maybe throw you a couple bones if you ever need them, all in the name of cheap endurance racing. I've got a question about your project. What was it about the car that made you question your abilities? You said everything about it was perfect aside from the rust. What happened?

My website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
keel_hauled is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2016, 08:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by keel_hauled View Post
Welcome and I'm looking forward to possibly meeting you at a Lemons event one day. I've got a couple friends that race B series CRXs in Lemons simply because they have more resources for B series than D. I'm interesting in seeing what sort of setup you piece together for the event. I'm slowly pooling my D series resources up and could maybe throw you a couple bones if you ever need them, all in the name of cheap endurance racing. I've got a question about your project. What was it about the car that made you question your abilities? You said everything about it was perfect aside from the rust. What happened?
Hopefully we could meet up at one of the events . I'll probably have a pool of parts if need be in the pits if you need anything. When I get out of work I'll go further into the details of everything. Real quick the rust reached parts of the car I didn't expect, with that I got worried about strutual integrity with fixing it. It was one thing if it was a panel or too.

Old 05-03-2016, 12:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews

welcome little wolf. Post pics of your ride?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2016, 12:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pata View Post
welcome little wolf. Post pics of your ride?
I will get right on that shortly. I am still working on using the forum functions right now. Not sure if I need a minimum amount of posts yet. If not I will have some pics up along with updates on it.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

you need a minimum of 5 posts, but if you add your image links here with spaces in it, I will come by and edit them to work for you
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2016, 04:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
you need a minimum of 5 posts, but if you add your image links here with spaces in it, I will come by and edit them to work for you
Thanks I'll get my no spam posts in then get a build thread going and link it to the top oat for everyone. Maybe I could figure out how to edit the first post to show the pics too.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

like I said, post the image links here with spaces in the link and I will edit them in for you. if youre going to attempt to get your non spam posts in, be sure the last post date isn't years old.
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2016, 05:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
like I said, post the image links here with spaces in the link and I will edit them in for you. if youre going to attempt to get your non spam posts in, be sure the last post date isn't years old.
Yeah I don't want to get lynched for bringing up the dead threads. Happens a lot on another forum I am apart of since 2002. I need to upload the images to a hosting site to post links. It is a Pita on my phone.
Old 05-04-2016, 07:08 AM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Link updated in the first post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in