Go-autoworks kit build questions.. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org » Everything Else » New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2015, 04:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Go-autoworks kit build questions..

Hey guys im planning to turbo right after the new year. I bounced back and forth between building a homemade kit or ordering a Go-Autoworks street kit. its my first time turboing and im planning to turbo my stock d16y8. Adding Cometic hg and Arpstuds of course but still stock and a neptune p28 tuned on a dyno.

Now my question is, is it possible to piece together a kit for cheaper with DECENT quality parts that actually all fit together without much modifications? Id like to do this build myself but i dont have a major shop or anything. Any help would help.

Goals are DD and kit the drag strip every once in a while. 210-220hp Any help would be love.
RicerEK4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2015, 05:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

Possible? Maybe, but is it worth the hassle?

Why the Cometic head gasket? The OEM ones work exceptionally well, are cheaper, and honestly are better quality.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
snm95ls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2015, 05:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

awesome info i honestly didnt know that. So ill replace the one i have with an oem one (car has 215k on it) and install the arp studs

Old 12-10-2015, 05:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

and i was trying to stay under 3k total but with the ecu and tune, injectors and fuel pump im not sure thats possible. Im strongly considering getting the kit and calling it a day
Old 12-10-2015, 07:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 STRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunna

What ecu ? Chrome and neptune are substantially cheaper then hondata, especially if yu can find a used chrome or.neptune ecu. I can find chromes or neptune p28d for about 100 bucks.

Stratton.
STRATTON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2015, 08:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

its cheaper but will almost always require some fabrication and welding. And make sure to pick a properly sized turbo. If you go too big it will not be fun at all trust me
Old 12-10-2015, 10:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Two men shy of a group

Rep Power: 20 Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

If I did it again I would just save for a kit, I pieced together my kit over a years time. I ended up basically with a go autoworks street kit and a little more than what he sells them for, if you can't find parts local then piecing it together from the Internet gets expensive from shipping and handling costs.

turbo 99 ex sedan A/C build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alicia Aemisegger
Blu3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2015, 10:30 AM   #8 (permalink)

I plan on going chipped p28 with neptune installed. I havent found one for less that 550$ tho And yeah im almost 100% sure im doing the go-auto street kit.
Old 12-11-2015, 12:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano
racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu3 View Post
If I did it again I would just save for a kit, I pieced together my kit over a years time. I ended up basically with a go autoworks street kit and a little more than what he sells them for, if you can't find parts local then piecing it together from the Internet gets expensive from shipping and handling costs.
I have pieced together a turbo build with all good shit for well under the cost of a goauto kit, no knocking the quality of the kits but used is the better option IMO. There are to many people trying to get out of the game daily.

there are several jackson racing superchargers and a greddy turbo kit all priced decent on ebay as of writing this.

also havent read the whole thread but 3K running could be realistic if you go used
racejunke13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2015, 04:13 AM   #10 (permalink)

yeah idk im gonna look into every option, i mean i do have some time before i order everything i just wanted to get an idea of what everyone thought. For the sake of the kit having everything but the fuel system and ecu im just gonna order it.
Old 12-12-2015, 04:52 AM   #11 (permalink)
Two men shy of a group

Rep Power: 20 Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by racejunke13 View Post
I have pieced together a turbo build with all good shit for well under the cost of a goauto kit, no knocking the quality of the kits but used is the better option IMO. There are to many people trying to get out of the game daily.

there are several jackson racing superchargers and a greddy turbo kit all priced decent on ebay as of writing this.

also havent read the whole thread but 3K running could be realistic if you go used
The point of piecing together is a.) To get every part you want (if not include by the seller) b.) Get better pricing on used parts or bnib, my reasoning is I wanted a t25 turbo and turbosmart wastegate and a ramhorn, I ended up selling my t25 because of adapter issues and buying a used t3 60 trim. I had home made piping and a ebay fmic, I got ride of piping for a go autoworks hot/cold piping kit so I basically have his kit now but I paid like 3000 for everything when I could have paid 2500 for everything and the only thing different in my kit is my wastegate.

If you can find great deals then piece it together but I wasn't after the deals at the time, I didn't have classifieds access here at the time and waiting for good deals probably would have taken longer than the year it took me. Plus not everyone is a fan of used parts, I defenitly didn't want a used turbo but that's what I ended up with since I already over spent for a kit

turbo 99 ex sedan A/C build -

Alicia Aemisegger
Blu3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2015, 03:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano

the BB or JB kit?

lets go BB GO-AUTOWORKS StreetX Turbo Kit Ball Bearing D16 B16 B18 B20

leaves 521 left under the 3k limit... ouch pick one of the few things left cause this dream aint happening captain, head gasket only has 215K and will need reused to stay under this imaginary budget

JB why not GO-AUTOWORKS Turbo Kits Honda Civic Acura Integra D16 B16 B18

leaves 932 under the limit, doable but wait... free shipping store wide is a lie, so were down to well under the 9 range
ARP down to 8
gaskets and fluids lets say 7
I run a A1000 fuel pump but lets say a cheapie ftw, down to 6
neptune demon combo cause crome is gay your down to 50 bucks
tune puts op at -450 in the hole
rods cause nobody has stated that the op went straight for the threshold of the stock setup -830 ish

anyway you wanna put it mathematically 3K for a new kit is doable just wont be running anywhere near the best it could be if at all
Old 12-13-2015, 06:45 AM   #13 (permalink)

Well i plan to run on the stock bottom end for a while. I can go over budget if i need to i just wante dto stay around 3k and the tuning and ecu is gonna be about 900$ from what i found. When i did injectors,fuel pump, turbo kit, ecu, arps and tune i came in right around 3350$ am i missing something?
Old 12-13-2015, 07:13 AM   #14 (permalink)

Any thoughts on Cxracing.com? Like piecing together a kit from here instead. I could put together everything that i need and still be WAY under budget..

cxracing.com: CXRacing Civic D15 D16 D-Series T04E Turbo Kit RAM Thick Manifold EK EG DC2

For turbo, mani and wastegate kit then get their intercooler kit as well.

cxracing.com: 92-00 Honda Civic with D15 D16 D-Series SOHC Intercooler Piping kit Bolt on

Idk this keeps me way under budget but will it be awful?
Old 12-13-2015, 08:53 AM   #15 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Any thoughts on ebay crap? Yep, its ebay crap.

The benefit of going with a reputable supplier is support and help if something doesnt fit right, or you have questions, or if you need to warranty a part. Not to mention a kit that was put together by someone who knows how to build a quality setup.

Try to get any of that from an ebay seller.

Its totally worth it to spend a bit more money for quality stuff and support.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten” – Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2015, 01:10 PM   #16 (permalink)

Thanks alot for the insight. and thats the main reason i planned to get the better of the two kits to begin with but i was just curious. Like i stated before if i can get everything and stay around my budget so be it if not ill spend what i need to spend. Now im going to be looking to get a ecu for lower than 560$ lol
Old 12-13-2015, 04:40 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicerEK4 View Post
Thanks alot for the insight. and thats the main reason i planned to get the better of the two kits to begin with but i was just curious. Like i stated before if i can get everything and stay around my budget so be it if not ill spend what i need to spend. Now im going to be looking to get a ecu for lower than 560$ lol
Good luck with that lol.
The cheapest iv seen a neptune ecu has been $400 used by someone that was just giving it away.

Also I dont see a clutch on your list. A stock oem clutch might hold the power level your at but just think how old is that clutch.
Also a go autowork kit is pretty much a open box and install.
But you can source good parts else where that will work good also.
Look over some other people build threads and get some ideas.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2015, 07:12 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicerEK4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerD View Post

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten” – Benjamin Franklin
with that said, most of us are still, or started out running ebay intercooler piping. IIRC my last rex piping didnt require any modification and was 150ish off ebay and was significantly lighter that my current setup as it was paper thin. others have ran ebay BOV, manifolds, and intercoolers with minimal failures that I have seen.

I would stay away from all ebay turbos,( unless buying a quality new/used piece off the site) as for the piping, intercooler, manifolds you cant really go wrong with ebay at your power levels.

Xile6 stated the best info in this thread all you gotta do is

Look over some other peoples build threads and get some ideas.

nothing to it, but to do it

good eye xile, CC stage 2 or 3. leaves op at-1000

now op I have to ask. keep in mind this is coming from a person with a 6 grand D-series engine so I understand if you got reasons or issues like myself...

4,000 will get a K installed in nearly anything if you got the knowledge and gumption. bolted in with I/H/E will be way more car than your current goal
Old 12-13-2015, 07:55 PM   #19 (permalink)

The clutch, waterpump and timing belt was just replaced at 200k so it "should" be ok.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:56 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerD View Post

The benefit of going with a reputable supplier is support and help if something doesnt fit right, or you have questions, or if you need to warranty a part. Not to mention a kit that was put together by someone who knows how to build a quality setup.

Try to get any of that from an ebay seller.

Its totally worth it to spend a bit more money for quality stuff and support.

It must be because I am getting older and am no longer a broke college student, but I 100% agree.

I hadn't looked at their kits in a long time, and holy hell they really are a good deal especially the street X kits with a BB turbo.

A damn clutch for my car costs about half of what that kit is. FML.

snm95ls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in