First build - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2015, 08:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default First build

This is my first bulid. I would like some help. I have a 96ex y8 4door this is to be my dd an maybe once or twice i year i would like to take it to californa or Florida im currently in tennesse. I just bought this car and i would like to add a little pep in my step i plan on putting a mild cam tune it an put aftermarket exhaust manifold an pipes, intake manifold cold air intake, flywheel , clutch , new timing belt, tenstioner , a remote start , a badass sound system , aftermarket radio , disk brake conversion. Money is not an issue. Im not sure what recipe of parts i should use im not trying to race it but by all means i like to go fast. So if i could get some opinions on what i should use an how would be great
Newber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2015, 08:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

I highly suggest before doing any sort of performance thing, you seriously go over the car with a magnifying glass. Do an insanely good tuneup with OEM parts like IAT, ECT, ignition stuff, water pump, timing belt, etc...

Get it running as close to honda-spec as possible. You get a seriously strong response from a motor when its running in tip top condition.

Go the most direct route for performance and feeling. Replace all the suspension bushings. Replace the shifter bushings. Change all fluids, including the brake fluid. Get a new set of GOOD QUALITY tires.

Once that is all done I guarentee the car will feel solid and responsive.

THEN you can worry about doing anything else.

While a lighter flywheel would improve the fun factor, I suggest skipping doing it until the clutch actually needs replacing.

Focus on getting the car back to 100% as best you can. Then I would start with any header and grab the Yonaka catback. Good flow support for future mods, and doesnt sound like you are murdering a beehive in a tin can.

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2015, 07:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Man i just got the car an im just excited an ready to have it how i want it and ive never had the money to fix up any of my other cars before i prob just need to slow down an go threw everything like u said cuz the guy i bought it from didnt keep up the maintenance on the car to well

I already planned an replacing the water pump oil pump timing belt tensioner and changing the tranny fluid an oil an the gaskets spark plug wires

This is also my first honda and i have a old 71 c10 chevy an im use to driving trucks
Newber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2015, 05:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

If you have the cash, try to source everything from Honda. There are various online dealerships to save you some money, but OEM has proved itself 20 years strong.

Very few parts dont need to be OEM, and they tend to be regular wear and tear items.

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in