Need some help.... stuumped - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2015, 12:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Need some help.... stuumped

Okay so my civic wont rev past 3500 and cel is on, didnt make any changes but it did sit for a little bit. I think my ecu is in limp mode, tried resetting it. still doing the same thing. Could it be bad gas? I have found somethings saying it could be the map or tps but im not sure how to check to see what code its throwing
Otacon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2015, 12:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

This is Pliskin, what are the codes!

Seriously though, what are the codes for the CEL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2015, 12:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....

Dang...but more help please...

What year car, what engine, etc.? Does it do it sitting still and while driving? Speedo work? What is "sit for a bit"? Hours...months...years? What is it doing when it won't rev up? Missing, shutting off, etc.?

You;re asking for help without giving much info.

Old 11-25-2015, 12:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

not sure what the codes are, i used the dummy plug but didnt do anything.

its a 91 with a6/z6 head. its sat for about 3 months. it starts up idles fine, then when i give it fuel it bogs out at 35k . it does this when its sitting and i give it gas and when im driving.

thanks for helping
Old 11-25-2015, 12:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

p28 ecu
Old 11-25-2015, 12:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Tutorial: How To Get The CEL Codes.

1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

Old 11-25-2015, 12:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

I tried that and it does nothing
Old 11-25-2015, 01:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

What harness are you using?

What adapters?

Was this can an Si or dx/std with DPFI?

What was done to make the swap from stock engine to what it is now?

The more info you provide the better we can help

1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

Old 11-25-2015, 01:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

I didn't do the swap. It's a dx and it looks like they used the a z6/si harness. Has the a6 intake manifold and fuel set up. I'm sorry for the lack of info. I'm not 100% on what I'm looking at
Old 11-25-2015, 01:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Did you buy it like this and it ran fine or buy it like this and now working on it?

Also it sounds like it will be somewhere in the wiring from the swap.

1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

Old 11-25-2015, 01:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

Does this help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1448489824646.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	727.6 KB
ID:	98865   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1448489850635.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	707.5 KB
ID:	98873  
Old 11-25-2015, 01:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

Yeah I bought this way and ran fine, sat in the garage for 3 months drove it about 15 miles. Shut it off. Went to start it and it wouldn't turn over. Lights came on and I could hear the fuel pump turn on as well. But wouldnt crank over. Jumped it and it started but then the cel came on and wouldn't rev over 35k
Old 11-25-2015, 01:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Oh boy...

Butt connectors are usually not a very good way to do these type of things.

If that is an Si harness than they would have needed to depin and move some of the connections around to make it work. Someone with more knowledge of this can help. Also it would help to know which injectors they used, if those are the A6 injectors and you are not running a resistor box it can cause problems as well eventually.

But if you can't get the ECU to flash the codes than either the ECU is fried or the connection/connector is not good.

EDIT: Well if it was running before that boggles me even more. Did it have a CEL when it ran before?

1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

Old 11-25-2015, 01:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

This is the first time it's ever had the cel on.
Old 11-25-2015, 02:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

Any ideas as to where to start? Pull the harness? Not sure what to do at this point. Looks like the dummy plug doesn't work ( used a test light and got nothing)
Old 11-25-2015, 02:50 PM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

Also is it bad to continue to drive it if it's in limp mode?
Old 11-25-2015, 02:53 PM   #17 (permalink)
n00b

Also would it be a good idea to pull the harness and re do the swap? Well the wiring anyways, that way I know what's there rather than guessing?
Old 11-25-2015, 02:54 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

I think the orange and blue (wires at the bottom of your 2nd pic) wires are for the cel. I think if you touch them together you can get the code(s). I'm not 100% sure about this. If you can post better pics of the Ecu/jumper wiring.

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2015, 03:53 PM   #19 (permalink)
n00b

Okay that was right! Got the cel to flash I got two longer flashes followed by 2 quick flashes then a pause and then quick flashes
Old 11-25-2015, 03:56 PM   #20 (permalink)
n00b

Sorry I got two long flashes followed by 2 quick ones then it paused then got 4 quick ones

Does this mean I'm throwing codes 22 and 4?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in