Clutchmasters FX200 vs Competition Stage 3 (2600kit) - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2015, 03:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Clutchmasters FX200 vs Competition Stage 3 (2600kit)

Hey guys after doing alot of research i decided for my setup of in short a turbo d16 200-220whp daily driver I wanted to go with an OBX diff and the Clutchmasters fx200 clutch. Problem is the shop nearby doesn't have any clutch master kits in stock and it's currently backordered . So they are trying to convince me to buy this competition stage III clutch saying it's better higher performance and I'll save $150 ....

If anyone could inform me about any experience they have with the brand competition and specifically their stage 3 let me know.

If theyre just trying make a quick sale or if it really is a better product. This car is a daily driver EG Si it will see auto X and spirited driving every once in a while but mainly to work and back.

I can always order theClutchmasters online i was just trying to helplocal business
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1448412579182.jpeg
Views:	45
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	98794   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1448412588426.jpeg
Views:	66
Size:	196.8 KB
ID:	98802  
CleanSi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2015, 04:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Here is a link to a site sponsors thread has some explanation of the different stages and will get you started on your research.

The stage III holds 150% over stock, so should hold up to say 200-220, based on 80-90hp stock. You might want more hold, but an more experienced turbo guy would know better. Im still stock.

https://www.d-series.org/forums/go-au...-clutches.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2015, 04:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

I dont think I have ever bought an off the shelf clutch..... but I hate sprung hubs with a passion and think they all should be destroyed with fire.

Also an OBX dif? Unless something drastic has changed recently, that is asking for trouble.

I dont mind cheap parts for lots of things, but buying knockoffs with little to no quality control on parts that require preciscion machining and assembly is a bad plan. Especially if you plan to just slap it in without taking the whole thing apart yourself and double checking everything.

Old 11-24-2015, 05:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

I was planning on taking apart the obx diff and bullet proofing it through a diy thread i found. I can get obx diff for 390 or mfactory for 550.

I figured the m factory is built better but costs kore when i can take apart the obx and double check everythjng i should be okay.

I wasnt asking for a "link" to research about clutches in general. Ive already researched and i like what the fx200 clutchmasters has to offer. I was asking specifically if anyone has any experience with that specific brand and model of clutch and how it held up longevity wise. Stuff is usually cheaper for a reason.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanSi View Post
I was planning on taking apart the obx diff and bullet proofing it through a diy thread i found. I can get obx diff for 390 or mfactory for 550.

I figured the m factory is built better but costs kore when i can take apart the obx and double check everyth jng i should be okay.

I wasnt asking for a "link" to research about clutches in general. Ive already researched and i like what the fx200 clutchmasters has to offer. I was asking specifically if anyone has any experience with that specific brand and model of clutch and how it held up longevity wise. Stuff is usually cheaper for a reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoshot View Post
Here is a link to a site sponsors thread has some explanation of the different stages and will get you started on your research.

The stage III holds 150% over stock, so should hold up to say 200-220, based on 80-90hp stock. You might want more hold, but an more experienced turbo guy would know better. Im still stock.

https://www.d-series.org/forums/go-au...-clutches.html
Thanks for link it has good info i was just asking on more personal experiences wise ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in