back with 91 hb 1.5l - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2015, 04:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default back with 91 hb 1.5l

So I'm back after falling asleep going 90mph down the 5 south here in my 98 ricer burner dx with all kinds of love put into it. I even invested in myself to pay a random to teach me to spray. He sucked I learned more from YouTube. That car ended up only having some fender and wheel well damage from the curb I hit on the off ramp. At the time I was still living at home and my mom sold it behind my back and pocketed the money. Kinda fucked up when I said I was going to fix it or sell it so my not so crazy younger brother could drive it. Long story short my still drivable gsr wrapped in a dx shell was sold for under $400 .

That left a sour taste in my mouth and I stuck to my wd21 from then we'll recently I was craigslist browsing and I found a 91 hatch super straight funky rattler can paint job. 4-2-1 headers looks like quality ones too the plate part of the manifold is pretty thick and the metal didn't discolor. No cat then has 2 straight back to a can. It came with a spare si tranny si rims and a motorized sunroof that's supposed to fit. He also had the original manifold i got that because I plan on smogging or "smogging" if still possible.

All this swiped it up for 5 bills because I was browsing craigslist after some bowls of .... , and I thought it was a steal if not anything in part it out.

The bad
Seats don't stay up - who cares for now
No sun roof - came with an electriqc one + frame not sure if it fits
$200 in dmv fees - haggled that off the price and going to try work some magic.
No air filter on a intake that had an eBay intake tube with some ripped hose leading to the bottom of the car but no air filter - bought one from legends for 15 I was In a rush. I'd usually go to jdm car boy but haven't been since he moved and I don't have a civic.
I wanted to talk civic at legends in bellflower to see what goodies but he rushed me out in a dead shop...

Anyways to get it registered I need a cat. and a stock intake.

I was going to just get a universal cat and weld it inline but figured it wouldn't work. Visual inspection with headers and diem stream cat

A few questions
Do newer model catalytic converters fit on my car as far as bolting up? I know there will be an extra bung but I could plug it. Or is buying a magnaflow bolt on model not that bad. Second thing is any bolt on power. Any advice? I was thinking of swapping over a newer model head for some added umpf I'll post pictures soon. Is the si tranny better should I swap that over? And what do I do with that dual point injection I know supposed to do something
mo3chang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in