Cx turbo kit worth it? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2015, 08:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Cx turbo kit worth it?

Thoughts on the cxracing turbo kits? Not looking for huge gains on my DD just looking to get 200-250 whp with my stock d16y8. Also thought about the cx manifold with emusa t3/t4 turbo, emusa 38mm wastegate and greedy bov?
ej8_martis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2015, 03:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

robgoof Still a JDM Star....robgoof Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

I would skip on the name brand bov and get a name brand Turbo ,even used.

To be honest, I trust my 10 year old 60$ junk yard turbo more than any of that Chinese shit...

Buy it and give us a revue

Last edited by robgoof; 11-17-2015 at 03:58 AM.
robgoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2015, 05:23 AM   #3 (permalink)

keel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej8_martis View Post
Thoughts on the cxracing turbo kits?
The thoughts are universal across the internet. It's cheap. You get what you pay for. Reliability is not it's strong suit. Then you get the onsies and twosies on the internet that hail cheap turbo kits as the best bang for your buck and haven't failed them over the course of xxxx miles. Knock off turbos are cheap for a reason but you can always make them better. If you want a knock off turbo, at least rebuild it with new seals and bearings. Don't buy another knock off rebuild kit either. Find a reputable supplier to get good components. I've done work with G-Pop shop before. Also, get the turbo balanced. This will ensure you don't have a catastrophic failure from a poorly, if at all, balanced turbo; a catastrophic turbo failure could cost you more than a new turbo.

Quote:
greedy bov?
Lol, greedy bov.
keel_hauled is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2015, 05:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano
racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Thoughts on the cxracing turbo kits? Not looking for huge gains on my DD just looking to get 200-250 whp with my stock d16y8.
not looking for huge power gains instead just wanting to test the limit of stock rods? On your DD no less, lol

nooblet read on this site for a year, then start asking questions...

after researching builds you will then find that the average Joe can still have problems with 10x your budget.
racejunke13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2015, 06:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Ah,
In the end they work.
So its up to you. Some will say there crap and fall apart, others will post they ran them for 5 plus years without problems.

Its all a mix.
Buy the kit and replace what breaks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2015, 08:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by keel_hauled View Post
You get what you pay for.
Yeah that is very true. I also had the go auto works kit in mind with the turbonetics super 60 .63 a/r or either the turbonetics t3/t04b .63 a/r kit. I've heard nothing but good reviews on those kits. They are a little out of my price range but it might be the best way to go.
Old 11-17-2015, 09:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Make sure you budget for another engine. Buy it now, and either start building it or keep it stock so you can replace the one IN YOUR DD (you know, the thing that gets you to your livelihood every day) and then build the original engine after you swap it in.

I deal with this everyday and I'm still bewildered by it. Guys wanting 500+whp Subarus as their DDs and have no back up car when (not if) their modded DD goes down.
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
LowFlyin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2015, 09:22 AM   #8 (permalink)
Two men shy of a group

Rep Power: 20 Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

If you can weld and fabricate then get a ebay kit and replace parts as they break, but your basically going to spend more then a goautoworks kit if you end up replacing a bunch of stuff. Also if you can't afford a proper turbo kit what makes you think you can afford a used motor when you blow yours up, just save up for a good kit then don't push past the limits of the stock rods.

turbo 99 ex sedan A/C build -

Alicia Aemisegger
Blu3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2015, 07:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

My car is currently put up for the winter so I think i'll save for the goautoworks kit and arp head studs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in