d15b injectors - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2015, 01:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default d15b injectors

so i just discovered that my d15b injectors are not stock and that they inject more fuel than the stock ones. and I have this problem when im up at the high revs and then I shift there's no fuel in the cylinders(engine stalling) and eventually my engine will turn off when I do not release the gas pedal and wait for fuel to come in the engine.

somebody told me to pinch the fuel return line with a vise grip and try it again, problem gone but I noticed that I now smell fuel,bad idle. I think the engine is running lean.

so they recommend me to buy an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. where shoud I put it? in the fuel return line? in the fuel line?etc. do I needother mods?Thanks.
nadnaden is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2015, 09:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

why not install the proper injectors?
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2015, 10:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Your explanation is very conflicting. Smelling fuel means it's running rich, but engines rarely die if they run even 50% richer than normal. They do die quite easily if you lean it out just a bit.

An adjustable FPR may fix some things, but you will always have issues if the ecu thinks you have injectors of a different size/type/pressure. You also have to KNOW what it's doing so you might have to get a wideband sensor. Also keep in mind the sub-$100 FPR's can cause even more problems.

As Slo suggested, just find the right injectors because it's a better solution. Tell us what ECU you're running, that's the first step.

HiProfile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2015, 12:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Oh sorry, smelling fuel means its rich. thanks for the Info
Im running on a tuned p06 with vtec and just bought it somewhere, after calling him that they didn't gave me the right tuned ecu for my motor they wouldn't reply since last May and I gave up so I thought that Ill just have to adjust some things.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

just an update,I thought of buying a p08 ecu will it make some changes?
Old 11-12-2015, 02:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

is the d15b vtec? non vtec? 2 stage vtec?

general rule of thumb is to buy the ecu that's made for your engine. figure out which you have and then worry about the ecu. just because its "chipped" doesn't mean its functional.
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 11-12-2015, 03:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Lol..

Soany fails in this thread.

So your running larger injectors but having fuel cut?
Your using a modded ecu , that you where told is tune which probably isnt.

I would say post pics of all you have.
That way we can see what injectors and motor you have.
Then your need to get a base map for that setup.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2015, 05:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Yes it has vtec, but I dont know how to test if the vtec is working.since I cant hear any distinct sound even at the high revs. Cant take pictures for now but will take pictures and post it later,

the injectors has "keihin" markings on them
I see a vtec solenoid but only has 1 wire connected to them but theres nothing connected on the green thingy
my head has a mark of p08-5
ecu is p06 - I was informed that it is chipped and tuned but not sure if its true
Old 11-12-2015, 06:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

p06 is non vtec, so odds are vtec isn't wired anyway. if its a single vtec and odb1, buy a p28 and wire vtec. all the spoon feeding you should need, start searching
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 11-12-2015, 06:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

I found a p08 thats for sale locally is it ok since my head is also a p08?
Old 11-16-2015, 02:07 AM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

Yep I will be getting a new p08 box, as an added question the compression on my cylinders are 130, 130, 130, 90 just tested it today. I'll have it rebuilt by next year. what brands do you recommend that will last long. Im looking at Master Overhaul Engine Rebuild Kit by evergreen, is it good for the d15? I researched and some say the gaskets are not gonna last.
Old 11-16-2015, 10:27 AM   #12 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

why not oem Honda?
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 11-18-2015, 01:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

got OEM gaskets, and now searching for rings. Is the part number Honda P08 P07 OEM Piston Rings Set Item# 130xx-P08-004A the part for the d15b vtec? hoping that I will receive my new box this weekend
Old 11-18-2015, 03:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

sometimes I hate jumping on the search train, but please search.

take that part number you have, plug it into google. Usually selllers offer the partnumber in descriptions, and you can easily match it up.

you could also search d15b vtec piston rings, there are a few sellers that correctly label the rings and part numbers.

VERY important to have your google-fu at high levels when searching for engine parts.

generally, you want OEM parts as much as possible, because many aftermarket brands skimp on quality control.

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2015, 05:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

Sorry for being lazy. I just want to make sure that I order the right parts for my engine. thanks for the tip, Ill need to research more.
Old 11-18-2015, 05:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Hell yeah! Nothing is more disconcerting than getting incorrect parts and having to reset the timer til finsh.

BUT when everything is running fantastic and super reliable, it makes you appreciate it more and it treats you better down the road

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2015, 02:48 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!

All you need to look for are Honda D-series rings, Hastings & NPR have good options. Virtually all D-series are 75mm (to start) and use the same rings. OEM for D-series are good but too expensive IMO.

The P08 ecu might work, but with your luck it will be for an automatic or something. You need to provide the entire code, specifically the last 3 letter/numbers after "P08". They also use a 1-wire o2 sensor, and most swapped cars are 4-wire.

Also a picture of the entire engine will help us loads. If you don't have a camera/phone, go to a crowded mall & throw a stone. You will probably hit someone who will photograph & upload a pic FOR FREE on your 1st or 2nd throw...

HiProfile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2015, 07:39 PM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

I was able to took images long before but I catn post it here it says
"To be able to post links or images your post count must be greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please remove links from your message, then you will be able to submit your post."
so yeah..
Old 12-16-2015, 04:59 AM   #19 (permalink)
n00b

Mind if I ask, the vtec solenoid has 3 wires, mine has only one(IDK why, but the wires was cut off) and the ones missing are the oil pressure switch(the green one). I didnt buy a p08 ecu anymore since I went to a trusted shop and they explained to me that my p06 is chipped and has vtec.
Now back to the solenoid, does vtec still engage without the oil pressure switch?
If no, I think its cheaper to buy a vtec controller and manually engage it(rather than finding another loom for the ecu and wiring it or its actually cheaper to wire it and that I can DIY it.), does the ecu automatically adjusts the air/fuel mixture when vtec is manually engaged?
If yes, then that answers my problem
Old 12-16-2015, 06:53 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadnaden View Post
Mind if I ask, the vtec solenoid has 3 wires, mine has only one(IDK why, but the wires was cut off) and the ones missing are the oil pressure switch(the green one). I didnt buy a p08 ecu anymore since I went to a trusted shop and they explained to me that my p06 is chipped and has vtec.
Now back to the solenoid, does vtec still engage without the oil pressure switch?
If no, I think its cheaper to buy a vtec controller and manually engage it(rather than finding another loom for the ecu and wiring it or its actually cheaper to wire it and that I can DIY it.), does the ecu automatically adjusts the air/fuel mixture when vtec is manually engaged?
If yes, then that answers my problem
Sigh

The shop kinda lied to you or dont know what the hell there talking about.

D15b dual stage vtec. One around 3k and the other kick in around 5k.
Hints the 3 wire setup.
A p06 chip does not have vtec.
A p06 converted to vtec and chip has single stage vtec.
A p28 has single stage vtec
A p08 has dual stage vtec.

Some wire up a rpm window switch for the first stage of vtec and run a p08 on the chip ecu.

Other get the right ecu

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in