What piston and rod combo are you running - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2015, 08:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default What piston and rod combo are you running

I am building a D15B2/D16Z6 and wanted to know what pistons and rods combo are you running. I am having a hard time finding a good set of rods for the D15B2, I found cxracing rods, would like either eagle or skunk2 but it seems like the make them only for the jdm D15B. Pistons I should be able to use vitara or any 75mm ones. I would like to find 9:5:1 Pistons but having hard time. I looked on Google, on this forum, Ebay and a few performance websites.
10SECBUILD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2015, 09:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

you would be better off running a 1.6 bottom end. or a d15b crank with d16 rods.
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2015, 05:51 AM   #3 (permalink)

keel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the sky

For what it's worth I currently have a D15B2 that has been bored .020" over. With this I have P2P0 H-beam rods and Vitara pistons. Even though they are dished, when combined with a Z6 head with flat faced Ferrea valves and a two layer MLS gasket I was able to bring the CR up to 9.1:1. I now have a Y8 head which has quench pads. Unfortunately I did not measure the volume of the combustion chamber in the Y8 head when I installed the valves so I can only provide an estimate of ~9.3:1 CR with this current setup.

Here is a picture of a Y8 head. Notice the quench pads. You'll be able to get a higher CR with this over the Z6 head because of this feature.

Here is a stock Z6 valve. Notice the dish in the face of the valve.

Here are the flat faced Ferrea valves. No dish means less volume and a higher CR.
keel_hauled is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2015, 06:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle
Send a message via AIM to 87REX

Hows the motor going to be treated?

Boost or N/A

Ive built a few engines and i just recently put a D16y7 together and fired her up yesterday.
PM6 Piston with stock y7 rods. .020" shaved head, 272 delta cam, puts me at about 10.2 to 1

Ditch the Bisi cam unless you like your torque to drop off faster than Miley Cyrus' credibility.
Quote:
Never pass up a chance to work on a friends car at their house if you know their mom puts out..
87REX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2015, 10:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87REX View Post
Hows the motor going to be treated?

Boost or N/A

Ive built a few engines and i just recently put a D16y7 together and fired her up yesterday.
PM6 Piston with stock y7 rods. .020" shaved head, 272 delta cam, puts me at about 10.2 to 1
the engine will be boosted.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by keel_hauled View Post
For what it's worth I currently have a D15B2 that has been bored .020" over. With this I have P2P0 H-beam rods and Vitara pistons. Even though they are dished, when combined with a Z6 head with flat faced Ferrea valves and a two layer MLS gasket I was able to bring the CR up to 9.1:1. I now have a Y8 head which has quench pads. Unfortunately I did not measure the volume of the combustion chamber in the Y8 head when I installed the valves so I can only provide an estimate of ~9.3:1 CR with this current setup.

Here is a picture of a Y8 head. Notice the quench pads. You'll be able to get a higher CR with this over the Z6 head because of this feature.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it

Here is a stock Z6 valve. Notice the dish in the face of the valve.

Here are the flat faced Ferrea valves. No dish means less volume and a higher CR.
Old 11-03-2015, 05:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle
Send a message via AIM to 87REX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10SECBUILD View Post
the engine will be boosted.
HP Goal?

Ditch the Bisi cam unless you like your torque to drop off faster than Miley Cyrus' credibility.
Quote:
Never pass up a chance to work on a friends car at their house if you know their mom puts out..
87REX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2015, 07:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87REX View Post
HP Goal?
350+
Old 11-09-2015, 06:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

I too am interested in this. I know p2p0 has a d16 vitara ycp combo. Is this the one fjt use to sell or similar? Is this the famous 500hp combo. And a few ebays. Which is the best spending a few more dollars beside going forged pistons like wiseco, cp, etc
honda_couped16y8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in