need Performance upgrade suggestion!! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2015, 01:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default need Performance upgrade suggestion!!

SRP Pistons
Eagle rods
ACL Bearings
ARP Headbolts
Cometic Head Gasket
Turbonetics unknown turbocharger
Running 20psi boost
Tuned on Neptune RTP

What performance upgrade should i do next from the following ?
Darton Sleeves
OR
Built head cams springs and retainers
OR
Methanol kit.
MahadGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2015, 04:39 AM   #2 (permalink)

keel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the sky

Why do you feel you need to upgrade those components? What is your goal with this engine? Also, you plan to run 20 psi but you don't know what turbocharger you're running? Boost pressure should not be the goal. Nobody builds an engine and says "I want 20 psi of boost. I don't care what kind of power it makes or what turbo I'm running, I just want 20 psi."

20 psi on X turbocharger is going to perform differently than 20 psi on Y turbocharger. What are your goals?
keel_hauled is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2015, 05:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 khmoe  is accepted as part of the communitykhmoe  is accepted as part of the communitykhmoe  is accepted as part of the communitykhmoe  is accepted as part of the community

Upgrade to a oem head gasket i did and it's better than the cometic.

i run 22psi, but that is only 299whp on the greddy turbo. on a 7676 that is hell of alot more :P hehe
ITR Calipers ,Rear Disc, EBC Blue Stuff Pads.
299.2WHP on a Greddy kit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
khmoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2015, 07:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Like keel said it depends on what your goals are. I always sleeve engines I'm planning on making big power with, learned that lesson the hard way several times when the stock sleeves cracked. A built head is always a good thing on a turbo setup making any real power. Are you building with budget constraints?
cghorr01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2015, 10:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 atheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagle

Imo, it's pointless to sleeve a d. You can make over 600 whp on stock sleeves with a good tune. If your making that kind of power your just in it for bragging rights. If you want more power than that for a race car, go b or k.

As mentioned, we need to know goals to give suggest. There is nothing wrong with that head gasket. Why switch it if it's working. No need to switch unless it blows. I run cometics on all my builds as they are usually custom and need something stock won't cover. What fuel you are using would also be good to know
atheworld0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2015, 11:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

water meth injection will help you make alot more power because you can run a lot more timing with out detonating. so you will gain a lot of power.
ahardy25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2015, 02:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

@Keel i feel to upgrade coz now i want more power from it, where did i said that boost pressure is my goal ?? my goal is to run this engine at it's max output without failing, lets say i want more power with stock sleeves i throw in the cams springs retainers and meth kit too, raise the rev limit to 8k and with the meth its going to make more power so then am i risking my sleeves by upgrading the head and meth ? this is what im trying to figure out, yes it's a budget build i don't want to spend too much from now on, and the fuel im using is 93 ron, this is best we can have in Pakistan.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 Sac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahadGT View Post
SRP Pistons
Eagle rods
ACL Bearings
ARP Headbolts
Cometic Head Gasket
Turbonetics unknown turbocharger
Running 20psi boost
Tuned on Neptune RTP

Darton Sleeves
OR
OR
Methanol kit.
Quote:
@Keel i feel to upgrade coz now i want more power from it, where did i said that boost pressure is my goal ?? my goal is to run this engine at it's max output without failing, lets say i want more power with stock sleeves i throw in the cams springs retainers and meth kit too, raise the rev limit to 8k and with the meth its going to make more power so then am i risking my sleeves by upgrading the head and meth ? this is what im trying to figure out, yes it's a budget build i don't want to spend too much from now on, and the fuel im using is 93 ron, this is best we can have in Pakistan.
You aren't sure which model turbonetics you have but you are running 20psi or you want to run 20psi?

The list above is that your current setup?

I would start with the head upgrades.

Very good Tuning is going to keep your cylinder walls from cracking. 93 is going to help lessen the chance of detonation.

Last edited by Sac*HXy5; 11-08-2015 at 06:31 AM.
Sac*HXy5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2015, 09:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Like they have all been saying you need to pick a quantifiable goal then work backwards. If max power on a stock shortblock is the goal just perform regular maintenance and have the tuner work his magic. 240hp is about the most you can safely run so I'd shoot for about 225. The upgrades you asked about would be to achieve much higher hp. Hope that helps.
Lightspeed_Tony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2015, 09:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

suspension and brakes fall into the performance category as well.

I say post what you have for those components, and see about improving them.

It also would not hurt to have a different final drive in the transmission. That alone can be a HUGE performance gain if geared properly

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2015, 09:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed_Tony View Post
Like they have all been saying you need to pick a quantifiable goal then work backwards. If max power on a stock shortblock is the goal just perform regular maintenance and have the tuner work his magic. 240hp is about the most you can safely run so I'd shoot for about 225. The upgrades you asked about would be to achieve much higher hp. Hope that helps.
he already has aftermarket pistons and rods.

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2015, 11:18 AM   #12 (permalink)

keel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the sky

If you want:
Quote:
my goal is to run this engine at it's max output...
Then you should do:
Quote:
OR
Methanol kit.
But you also said:
Quote:
max output without failing
So then your list should include:
Quote:
Darton Sleeves
OR
OR
Methanol kit.
Then you added the caveat of:
Quote:
yes it's a budget build i don't want to spend too much from now on
In my honest opinion, why not just learn to love what you have if it's a budget conscious build?
keel_hauled is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2015, 01:23 AM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

suspension nd brakes aren't stock, I've Tein coilovers front and rear,
I have decided to change the turbo to Holset HX35, Full bisimoto head and AEM meth. let's see how much power it can make.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in