Honda D Series Forum banner

Can anyone help me identify this ECU and the Chips from these pictures?

3K views 40 replies 16 participants last post by  Tw34k 
#1 ·
Basically what the title says. Not sure if the pics and bar codes will help but I hope maybe someone has seen this before.

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
#11 ·
Fucking n00blet, the very first pic tells you the ecu type.

Masterl1nk did the rest of the work for you.

You are a lazy prick Mutanthandjob.

Reactions: slo_eg8
#21 ·
Ok hahahaha

I finally found someone to tune my car. I am getting 450cc injectors for $60.00 and getting an AFPR for $50.00 and getting my car tuned for $350.00.

We are going to bolt everything on and then street tune it and then take it to the dyno for some fine tuning.

The only thing is that he tunes with Chrome. I have heard good things and bad things about chrome.

What is yall's opinions on it?

#35 ·
I will take pics. My tuner is bringing all these items with him. We are meeting in a couple of weeks. Like the middle of November he is driving up to jacksonville from orlando to bring me everything and tune my car. I will take pics of everything before we install all the stuff.

Yes I already fixed my tire.

I am just sharing whats going on for 2 reasons. I want a record of my turbo build and I want to know if I am getting good items and also if I am getting a good deal.

I will be getting the BOV from go autoworks this upcoming weekend.

#36 ·
Ok so I finally got ahold of mase engineering here in jacksonville and they are going to dyno tune my car with Hondata S300. All I need is a prechipped Hondata ECU or I can get it done brand new through them but it will cost me right at $1000 just for tuning.

#41 · (Edited)
Strange as there is no difference other than one being a female pin header and the other male. I bet he just doesn't want to bother with it.

For those less handy with soldering it's not exactly easy to do the header swap without damaging the ecu, especially if de-soldering actual pins rather than un-populated holes isn't exactly your strong point. You will find a lot of people will tell you things are "bad to do" in the pursuit of laziness with little to no explanation as to why.

Anyone who is proficient with a soldering iron will be able to put s300 on any obd1 ecu unless the person who did the previous chipping job butchered the ecu pads/traces.

I can do the ecu modifications for probably a bit less than what others will charge (I'd bet I'm better at it too) but I'm a bit more picky on whose cars I'll actually tune so I'll let you handle that elsewhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.