Is this JRSC worth it? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2015, 08:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default Is this JRSC worth it?

D16 Supercharger | eBay

What do you guys think? I have been toying with the idea of trying one of these for a while for an Autocross setup. This one appears to be pretty well priced for what is included. Wanted to get some opinions on the forum if these superchargers are worth the time and money for those who have ran them (or heard enough one way or the other to provide insight).

2002 C5 Z06 (Built for Road Racing)
1999 Grand Prix GTP (Built and self tuned on E85)
1998 & 1999 Grand Prix GTPs
2012 Civic SI
2000 Civic EX

My E85 Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
97AutoXVette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2015, 10:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Quote:
This message is hidden because 97AutoXVette is on your ignore list.
Since I can't see your message since you are on my iggy list I'll take a stab based on the thread title.

JRSC was ok until cheap (HMT) turbo kits came around. I abandoned the AKSC kit because a simple/small turbo kit was easier, cheaper, better MPG, aka clicked off all the boxes.

HF manifold, small turbo....only thing you'll be missing is the scream of the Eaton supercharger.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2015, 07:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

900 is a pretty good price for a JRSC. I usually see them go from 1000-1400 depending on components and conditions. They are going to add about 30-40hp with a tune on a stock motor so don't expect to much out of them.

I've compiled install instructions and a parts list here if you ever end up getting one: (cant post links yet, PM me and I'll get you the link)
Superhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 11:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

I paid about 900 for my JRSC. It's sitting on an A6. For what I'm using it for, I'm really enjoying it. The biggest thing I can say is replacement parts are expensive and hard to find. I've had mine for a few months and I still can't find the 8 psi pulley for it anywhere
popejbryant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2015, 06:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by popejbryant View Post
I paid about 900 for my JRSC. It's sitting on an A6. For what I'm using it for, I'm really enjoying it. The biggest thing I can say is replacement parts are expensive and hard to find. I've had mine for a few months and I still can't find the 8 psi pulley for it anywhere
No point in upping the SC boost until you have a solid way of reducing air intake temps.

you can crank out another 3-5 psi and be only getting an extra 10hp, because the SC for our D series are already nearly maxxed out for boost versus temps.

Besides, if you can drop intake temps 40-70 degrees, you will see a similar power boost. And that also makes it slightly easier to tune.

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2015, 02:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

True. I've been in contact with the company the does the water cooled modification (I forget the name). For the time being, the car is my daily driver. Right before I ship off on my next deployment I'll probably send it off and have it modified while I'm gone.
popejbryant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2015, 04:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

That one in my original link sold already unfortunately. I will be on the lookout to pick one up though the next time I find a clean one. I may be tuning the car on E85 so intake temps would be a bit less of a concern. However, I have also seen the modified JRSC's with the integrated air-to-water intercoolers and they look mighty sweet! That'd probably be a bit more of an extensive project than I wouldn't like to embark on to start though.

Another question... Do you have to run a different crank pulley (JRSC specific) when running these superchargers? If so, what is different about them vs. a stock crank pulley?
2002 C5 Z06 (Built for Road Racing)
1999 Grand Prix GTP (Built and self tuned on E85)
1998 & 1999 Grand Prix GTPs
2012 Civic SI
2000 Civic EX

My E85 Thread:

Last edited by 97AutoXVette; 10-26-2015 at 05:05 PM.
97AutoXVette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2015, 05:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 Red-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagle

No, you can run your stock crank pulley, the Jackson Racing crank pulleys you see are bigger and allow you to run more boost, which isn't needed as you'll just be blowing hot air after 8psi with the JRSC, if you really want to lower intake charge temps, look into water/meth injection or LHT intercooler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in