New civic owner - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2015, 04:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default New civic owner

I just bought my first honda. A 2000 civic ex coupe. D16y8 motor and fivr speed tranny. My main question is what are the best mods to do. I dont want to rice it out just to look decent and have decent power
Mike_337 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2015, 05:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

The two first basic mods are going to be a new intake and exhaust system. Look up and decide if you want a cold air or short ram intake. I'm enjoying my aem short ram. As for exhaust I've been eyeing magnaflow for myself, haven't messed with exhaust yet.
GrandmasCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2015, 03:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

robgoof Still a JDM Star....robgoof Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

very strange
robgoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 06:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

It is strange, and I disagree with the other n00b.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2015, 07:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

I already have i/h/e mods what would be the next step. My price limit is around 2500
Old 10-21-2015, 07:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Like i said im new to civics i currently have a 97 3000gt with vr4 swap
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	55575_352977788127363_1639374836_o_1445483470525.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	203.3 KB
ID:	97578  
Old 10-21-2015, 08:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

these little motors are so well engineered that Honda didn't leave a lot on the table. Having said that, stock cams are and have been, since early 70s, conservative to the point that slightly more lift/duration can actually increase mpg and power output at same time- EPA issues and all that. Even a very mild step up in cam will help in every way possible.
If you are skilled with a dremel and have replacement gaskets, clean casting marks out of ports, go to clean aluminum but don't alter any actual honda shape/design.
Have head shaved for more compression, again, conservatively.
Chloehonda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2015, 08:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

mothers metal polish green after 1500grit in chambers will help w detonation at or beyond 11-1 cr.
More Importantly, how the hell do I break through wall into Pink Eye in Mad Max??
Chloehonda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2015, 03:25 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 21 robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

any pics of the 3000gt
robscrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2015, 12:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

My 3000 gt
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	received_869882289770241_1445590497964.jpeg
Views:	30
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	97690   Click image for larger version

Name:	received_869882293103574_1445590508854.jpeg
Views:	30
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	97698   Click image for larger version

Name:	received_869882299770240_1445590517088.jpeg
Views:	29
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	97706   Click image for larger version

Name:	received_869882286436908_1445590527418.jpeg
Views:	27
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	97714  
Old 10-23-2015, 02:56 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 21 robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!

looks good
robscrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2015, 08:11 AM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

I know the civic will never be a match for it unless i drop major$$$$$ into it. What i want is to show all the ricers here how a civic should look and run. Ive orderd an si front bumper and grill. Im trading the 18 inch nexo rims for a set of teggy type r rims takin the motor out and doing a full rebuild. Ive been told that the oil pumps are not the best. My current parts order consists of Blox stage 2 cam titanium valves springs and retainers skunk 2 intake manifold je forged 9.5-1 cr pistons eagle rods. I know i had a limit of 2500 but i just sold my bike so i have a lil extra. Savin up for a possibe turbo build but i dont wanna push it too far cause it will be my dd. 3000
Old 10-23-2015, 05:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_337 View Post
I know the civic will never be a match for it unless i drop major$$$$$ into it. What i want is to show all the ricers here how a civic should look and run.
Glad you realise it doesn't have to be a match. It's a different thing, after all.
I sometimes think I need more power for my D16 Teg, but then I come to my senses. It's a chill-out machine, not a racer - and like you, we've got quicker stuff if we feel the need ...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2015, 08:53 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 14 HondaSteve smells like BoratHondaSteve smells like BoratHondaSteve smells like BoratHondaSteve smells like BoratHondaSteve smells like Borat

How many miles does the current engine have on it? If it's not worn out, you may be able to just put a mild turbo on it and call it good. Is there a power goal that you are going for?

00 ex coupe; 346whp/271wtq @21psi
HondaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2015, 09:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

I was told the motor has around 85k miles on it. I wouldnt mind a turbo but since it will be my daily i would like to keep my ac and ps for the moment. My hp goals for now is 180-200
Old 10-27-2015, 07:56 AM   #16 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

180-200 with a B? If you are staying D those numbers are hard to near impossible to get to with out FI. I know some crazy motors were made back int eh day but you need so much money to run them it is not cost effectively worth it, cool factor well that is a whole nuther story.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2015, 06:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 14 HondaSteve smells like BoratHondaSteve smells like BoratHondaSteve smells like BoratHondaSteve smells like BoratHondaSteve smells like Borat

85k is fairly low mileage. If the motor is healthy, I don't see why you couldn't skip the rebuild and just put an a/c compatible turbo kit on it. There are quite a few people who are making 200whp on stock block setups.

00 ex coupe; 346whp/271wtq @21psi
HondaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2015, 07:28 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 dirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatness
Send a message via AIM to dirty d Send a message via Yahoo to dirty d

Personally after spending about 5k on my greddy turbo build, it's worth every penny done right. I'd skip the cams,spings, retainers, S2 IM and just turbo a stock block. Read build threads, it's possible to go turbo under 3k, but i don't cut corners. If you do most the work yourself it can be cheap with used parts... You can spend 3k n/a make 140-155whp and want more or spend 4-5k and be contentish
dirty d is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in