Another NOOB!!! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2015, 01:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Another NOOB!!!

Well yeah as the title says I'm a noob to civics. Infact I really don't like civics but due to both my Ca5(88 accord hatchback) and my subaru legacy getting totaled out I kinda had no choice moreso since the civic was only $400.

Current Projects:
Going slightly mad

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Decide on what motor to swap(The Dead Duck)
TheUglyHatchling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2015, 05:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!

Welcome.

So, if you tend towards totalling your cars, you won't be keeping the Civic-you-don't-really-like for long anyway!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2015, 06:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

I've only been involved in 1 wreck. It involved some prick in a honda accord pulling out infront of me and my 88 thunderbird wasn't having any of his shit. My hatch actually caught fire. I'd still have it but I can't track down a wiring harness and all attempts to build a new one were for naught.

The legacy is a funny story. I was actually not even in the car. I was standing on this ladies porch calling for a wrecker where I jumped a curb and bent my lca. And this lady came flying down the hill into the back of it.

And I just don't like civic's. I don't like how they look or the interior. I prefer a prelude or another 3rd gen accord.

Current Projects:
Going slightly mad

Old 10-16-2015, 06:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Hi, I like civics, not for looks or the solid sound of a luxury interior, that is for sure. Welcome to DSO.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2015, 07:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Well the irony behind all this. This is the third civic i've ever owned. The first was a 87 crx si(Before I actually cared about cars at all and wasn't in the car community). I own my 96 dx hatch. And I also own a 87 civic si(non crx).

Current Projects:
Going slightly mad

Old 10-16-2015, 07:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
DIY Guru

Rep Power: 13 BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!
BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!
Send a message via Yahoo to BogusSVO

Welcome!!

Why did you kill the bird?

I hope it was not a TC...
BogusSVO nomination for newb of the year 2014, maybe lifetime honorary mention as well.
BogusSVO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2015, 07:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

I actually tried saving it. I deliver pizza for a living. And I was coming back from a delivery. There area the wreck happened is bad about wrecks to begin with. It's a small hill and the top of the hill you can't see down the otherside other then headlights.

I don't know what actually happened. I saw him sitting there and he started to go when I came over the top. I dunno what happened if he freaked out or what but he gassed it. I tried to swing into the housing division but he still slammed into the thunderbird and tore the entire driverside suspension off. Really pissed me the high hell off. 88 Tbird sport coupe 5.0 automatic with 130,000 original miles. But from there I went to a couple third gen accords, a isuzu pickup, A subaru legacy and now to my civic.

Current Projects:
Going slightly mad

Old 10-16-2015, 07:45 AM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

You go through cars like I do. I have had too many for years on the road, but I digress.

Whats the plan for the cars? You here for maintenance tips and tricks?

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

Old 10-16-2015, 07:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

I'm 25 and my 87 civic is roughly my 15th vehicle.
The 96 civic I'm actually going to be rebuilding merely to sell it so I can try and get back into a subaru or a rwd(I'm kinda burned out on fwd's right now)

The 87 si is going to become a autox car so I'm trying to decide on a swap for it.

Current Projects:
Going slightly mad

Old 10-16-2015, 09:18 AM   #10 (permalink)

Swap in a z6, work on the suspension.

Once you can out drive the foot work, turbo it.

I know there are some older crx's and civics running there stock motors, worked a bit internally and running sick suspension and tranny work, killing vettes and mustangs on the autox tracks around the country.

Research is king.

Quote:
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

Old 10-16-2015, 10:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
Never finishes (TWSS)

Rep Power: 18 Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Whoshot!!!!!???? What did you do. That was your avitar since you/i started. I dont even know who you are anymore.
Old 10-16-2015, 11:01 AM   #12 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evanguy View Post
Whoshot!!!!!???? What did you do. That was your avitar since you/i started. I dont even know who you are anymore.
innit cute? lol. so much <3's
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2015, 11:42 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evanguy View Post
Its is technically my third, but yeah had the car on my homies driveway for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
innit cute? lol. so much <3's
......no homo

Quote:
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

Old 10-17-2015, 10:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoshot View Post
Swap in a z6, work on the suspension.

Once you can out drive the foot work, turbo it.

I know there are some older crx's and civics running there stock motors, worked a bit internally and running sick suspension and tranny work, killing vettes and mustangs on the autox tracks around the country.

Research is king.
I actually had plans on doing a Zc swap for the Si. But then I ran into abit of issues finding the trans,ecu,wiring harness and other parts. But then when they did show up(In the form of a whole integra) I didn't have the money.

Funny how shit happens huh?

Current Projects:
Going slightly mad

Old 10-17-2015, 11:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

And since I havn't figured out how to edit posts yet. This is the Ugly Hatchling 2.0
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12036700_10156129675120215_8145084348887321067_n.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	97354  

Current Projects:
Going slightly mad

Old 10-18-2015, 06:54 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Those look like first gen crx si rims.

I have never understood why people like autoxing the first gen CRXs. That torsion bar rear suspension is a joke and the front isnt that great either. My 87Si was the worst handling car I have EVER driven, and I learned how to drive on an 2.3L 5 speed 86 Aerostar that had been in a wreck and had a messed up front end and was missing the front swaybar. Even after a front spring upgrade I would only rate the 87Si as having equal handling to the damaged 86 aerostar minivan....

On the flipside that thing hooked up in a straight line like it was glued to the ground. FAR more off the line traction than any second gen I have ever owned, even though it had crappy commuter tires and several of my second gens have had nice rubber.

I won so many races with that little white elephant.... It is still the only car that I am pretty sure I actually made money on even though I gave it away....
Old 10-18-2015, 07:39 AM   #17 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelEspinoza View Post
Those look like first gen crx si rims.

I have never understood why people like autoxing the first gen CRXs. That torsion bar rear suspension is a joke and the front isnt that great either. My 87Si was the worst handling car I have EVER driven, and I learned how to drive on an 2.3L 5 speed 86 Aerostar that had been in a wreck and had a messed up front end and was missing the front swaybar. Even after a front spring upgrade I would only rate the 87Si as having equal handling to the damaged 86 aerostar minivan....

On the flipside that thing hooked up in a straight line like it was glued to the ground. FAR more off the line traction than any second gen I have ever owned, even though it had crappy commuter tires and several of my second gens have had nice rubber.

I won so many races with that little white elephant.... It is still the only car that I am pretty sure I actually made money on even though I gave it away....
They are wheels from a 3rd gen civic Si. but yeah they are the same for the crx si as well.

And I'm wanting to autox the si because right now it has a driver seat and a dash. And it actually handles really well. Alot better then my old crx I used to have years ago.

Current Projects:
Going slightly mad

Old 10-21-2015, 09:57 PM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

The front end of an 87 si is torsion and it is height adjustable by simply turning bolts underneath car. Great handling but stiff ride. Solid beam rear end simple but effective and I am quite sure club rabbit racers can attest to the cornering potential of that type of setup. 1900 lb effing curb weight, spare tire and all, I hope that means something to someone.
Chloehonda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in