Help with D17 Crank in D16y8 block please... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2015, 09:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
gonzo

Rep Power: 0 SHOP_CAT is worse than Satan's assholeSHOP_CAT is worse than Satan's asshole
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Cool Help with D17 Crank in D16y8 block please...

Hello,
well yup I'm one of those dudes who fell for the stroker bug, and need to know exactly what it is that I have to have machined in order to do this?? I heard something about the crank itself to fit the pulley or something? I'm a little lost, but if someone coulkd post a list, so I could basically just bring it to my machinist and be like here, he could do it. That'd be major. Thanks a lot.
SHOP_CAT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2015, 09:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

What you need help with is searching.

Not only did I build one, I made a build thread, where I outlined every single modification needed. I dont think it could be much easier to figure out. You dont have to do anything but read.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2015, 09:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Never finishes (TWSS)

Rep Power: 18 Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

As did I And civicdude too. and slqcivic and a few others. the info is here and i know i told probably ten people the exact list of parts needed

Old 10-04-2015, 09:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
gonzo

Rep Power: 0 SHOP_CAT is worse than Satan's assholeSHOP_CAT is worse than Satan's asshole

can i have a link please?
Old 10-04-2015, 09:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Old 10-04-2015, 09:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
gonzo

and not to be a dick, but it is that complicated that u guys dont want to just tell me for real?
Old 10-04-2015, 09:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
gonzo

i know what i need for parts, its the machine work thats got me stumped....
Old 10-04-2015, 09:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
gonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOP_CAT View Post
i know what i need for parts, its the machine work thats got me stumped....
i need specifics....
Old 10-04-2015, 09:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
Classic Man

Quote:
and not to be a dick, but it is that complicated that u guys dont want to just tell me for real?
Ill be honest with you. This doesnt make you look like a dick. It makes you look stupid and useless.

Have you stumbled across the search button yet? And maybe typed D17 stroker into it?
Quote:
Old 10-04-2015, 09:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
Classic Man

I'll tell you what, SHOP_CAT, post up a link to your real deal face book page, and I will post up some links to real deal D17 stroker builds.
Quote:
Old 10-04-2015, 09:59 AM   #11 (permalink)
gonzo

my facebook page? are you serious? you want my name?
Old 10-04-2015, 10:00 AM   #12 (permalink)
gonzo

toss me around all u want to man, call me all the names u want, im just trying to find answers, sorry if im lazy, forgive me....
Old 10-04-2015, 10:01 AM   #13 (permalink)
gonzo

i hadnt gotten to search yet, i was trying people first.....
Old 10-04-2015, 10:03 AM   #14 (permalink)
Classic Man

I mostly want to figure out your age and demographic so I can understand why you are so resilient to searching and doing things for yourself.
Quote:
Old 10-04-2015, 10:05 AM   #15 (permalink)
gonzo

i am just being lazy and wanted to talk to someone rather than read about something that i probably might not understand and will have to ask someone about anyway, thats all man.....but here

Last edited by FarmerD; 10-04-2015 at 10:14 AM.
Old 10-04-2015, 10:12 AM   #16 (permalink)
gonzo

am i good enough? lol
Old 10-04-2015, 10:13 AM   #17 (permalink)
Classic Man

Ok sweet, honesty is enough for me.

https://www.d-series.org/forums/showc...7y8-build.html

https://www.d-series.org/forums/natur...uild-list.html

https://www.d-series.org/forums/engin...troker-qs.html

This is my build thread. I did it the cheapest way possible with no machining REQUIRED at all. However, I did deck my block a bit to add compression. How ever its not required at all. My/shifty35's method required no machine work.

https://www.d-series.org/forums/showc...7-n-build.html
Quote:
Old 10-04-2015, 10:14 AM   #18 (permalink)
gonzo

thanks man i appreciate it......
Old 10-04-2015, 10:15 AM   #19 (permalink)
Classic Man

Quote:
am i good enough? lol
I cant answer that! Its up to you to decide if you can search or not!
Quote:
Old 10-04-2015, 10:16 AM   #20 (permalink)
Never finishes (TWSS)

Rep Power: 18 Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Yeah man, no machine work at all. Use all oem parts, any machin work will be bore,deck,hone. search 'd17y8' or 'd17 stroker dseries' in google. easy and you will get the answers. and een not build thread there are loads of threads asking for the parts and how to do it.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in