lot of vibrations (civic 95 turbo) - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2015, 05:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default lot of vibrations (civic 95 turbo)

hey, I own civic 95 rebuilt d16 with turbo. the car is around the 400whp . Action clutch stage 4
I have a lot of vibrations when I shifting and a little bit while i'm on neutral.
My currently engine mounts are oem , very weak and always get torn.
what mounts should I get for reduce those vibrations?
TurboInAction is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2015, 05:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

summer never ends.
1) a search would help
2) budget
3) window weld (search)
4) search
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2015, 06:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

is the window weld that strong enough?
can I replace it with white silicone? or?

Old 10-03-2015, 06:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 8 honduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatness

You really have a 400hp d-series and your asking about motor mounts?
honduh666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2015, 06:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

yes I bought the car "ready made" . didn't built it by my self .
Old 10-03-2015, 06:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 8 honduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatness

I would have never guessed.

I would look into a set of hasport mounts and run a stock right torque mount and a filled left torque mount.
Old 10-03-2015, 07:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 51 reviews
Default lot of vibrations (civic 95 turbo)

Weld them nothing better than solid and inexpensive

NeonPinHead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2015, 06:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

I assume it's a street car so I wouldn't really recommend solid mounts. I had some aluminum solid torque mounts on my car a few months ago and I took them out because it vibrated so intense.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:29 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!

I had solid mounts on my turbo d16 and have them on my new high c/r b18b1(have not ran yet) both engines were balanced from crank pulley to flywheel and was/will be driven daily and it did not vibrate that bad. Mostly just a foot massage. But the instant power transfer to the floor is worth it also no engine flopping around.

Old 10-05-2015, 04:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 dirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatness
Send a message via AIM to dirty d Send a message via Yahoo to dirty d

I doubt it's just the mounts. It's probably missing clips in the interior or a body panel isn't secured well enough. I usually turn the engine on with the hood up and touch parts of the car to see if it's jiggling and if stops when i hold it. Our cars weren't designed to have turbos, huge exhaust, intercooler, piping etc.
dirty d is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2015, 04:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonPinHead View Post
I had solid mounts on my turbo d16 and have them on my new high c/r b18b1(have not ran yet) both engines were balanced from crank pulley to flywheel and was/will be driven daily and it did not vibrate that bad. Mostly just a foot massage. But the instant power transfer to the floor is worth it also no engine flopping around.
YES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by honduh666 View Post
I assume it's a street car so I wouldn't really recommend solid mounts. I had some aluminum solid torque mounts on my car a few months ago and I took them out because it vibrated so intense.
NO!

A: Commit or go home with solid mounts. Having only some of your mounts solid is dumb as shit and asking to break stuff and vibrate like crazy.

B: Solid steel are better than solid aluminum imo, but aluminum are ok too.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelEspinoza View Post
YES!

NO!

A: Commit or go home with solid mounts. Having only some of your mounts solid is dumb as shit and asking to break stuff and vibrate like crazy.

B: Solid steel are better than solid aluminum imo, but aluminum are ok too.
true story, I had to do one mount at a time and after the first it was horrible. after the next better, after all three very nice.

Old 10-05-2015, 06:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

I ebay mounts and they work great. cost like 100 bucks. Im making similar power no vibrations at all.
I filled my front tranny mount and ac mount and they are holding up great too
Old 10-05-2015, 06:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonPinHead View Post
true story, I had to do one mount at a time and after the first it was horrible. after the next better, after all three very nice.
Yea, if you have one mount so solid it would have to break before the engine moves enough for the other mounts to engage, you effectively have a 1 mount engine until that mount snaps off. It is just a bad plan.

If you cant make at least 3 mount points solidly fixed, and preferably all of them, you shouldnt do any of them.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in