99 d15b OBD2 question - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2015, 07:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Smile 99 d15b OBD2 question

Hey guys, Ive been looking over engine swaps again for my 1999 Canadian EJ6 civic DX HB and found that doing a k20a swap is to much for my wallet atm (College life), so i was thinking that doing a OBD2 D15B VTEC swap so i can get rid of my dreaded D16y7 non-VTEC. Im not looking for crazy number on building this engine, all im looking for is maybe 200-250 (with turbo). Im just asking for positive input and parts for building a D15b. This will be a part by part build so no rushing. Thanks guys
ej6hatchjosh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2015, 07:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Why go d15b?

edit: never mind wrong motor in info given.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah

Last edited by Whoshot; 09-29-2015 at 07:33 AM.
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2015, 07:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

wrong motor? its between that and the d16z6..but ive been searching for a straight two weeks and still cant wrap my head around which one to go. i was reading on super street online at thier SOHC power builds and that seemed to pop out to me cause you hardly see anyone build up a Dseries and i want to do it for the heck of it

Old 09-29-2015, 07:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

do some searching. no rushing means you have all the time in the world to read and learn. hell Im shooting for 250whp on my build. take time out of your day to see what Ive already read

fuck it, heres a tea spoon

the odb2 d15b are pretty much the same as y8's.
the d16z6 is the same as the odb1 d15b's. now, start reading up
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2015, 07:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Im trying to learn through the forums and with peoples help and advise. i dont consider it spoon feeding. I consider it as helping someone who wants to learn
Old 09-29-2015, 07:46 AM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

You are asking questions that have been covered is all he means, read between the lines.

To answer your question, not wrong if it is what you want, I am just trying to gauge how much you have read.

I would go with a motor that has more support in the after market, if I was going turbo, and as high in the hp range as you wanna go.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

Old 09-29-2015, 07:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

A y7 is fine for turbocharging. Why do you want to swap?

Y7 with a y8 manual intake and 2 wire IACV conversion + OBD1 adapter and ecu and you are good to go.

Biggest performance difference between a y7 and y8 in stock form are the tranny, intake manifold and exhaust in about that order.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

lol, sees the pic, ignores the text underneath
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoshot View Post
You are asking questions that have been covered is all he means, read between the lines.

To answer your question, not wrong if it is what you want, I am just trying to gauge how much you have read.

I would go with a motor that has more support in the after market, if I was going turbo, and as high in the hp range as you wanna go.
Oh sorry then, i guess i just need help navigating the forums better :/ i mean the Ideal is Bseries for aftermarket support lol. but ik that Bisi has D16z6 aftermarket cams and headers, Rywire, and ik that OBD1 is much more programmable then the OBD2. I also know that i could easliy just get a ZC or Y8 head for my current Y7 but im very iffy on Frankenstein.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:03 AM   #10 (permalink)

You dont need cams for your numbers, you dont need a conversion harness if you can read. Further more, you need to read more.

I learned everything I know from research, I haven't built a turbo motor, but I have fixed mine enough, rebuilt everything on my car except the inside of my motor. Brakes, bushings, suspension, trans, wiring etc.

If you start with making it reliable rather then built, you will gain more knowledge and stay in it longer then if you drop cash, break your shit first trip out and end up selling it for a more "reliable motor" when it was you all along needing the upgrade.

Quote:
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

Old 09-29-2015, 08:08 AM   #11 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

want to be spoon fed? ok, cool

search a member named "bogusSVO" pm him and ask him to source you a z6 block. ask him to do a "slo" build, with all the goodies. if you can assemble it yourself, all the power to you, if not, ask if he can.
pay him and have it shipped.

presto, a block capable of 300+ hp
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

thanks for the burn.
Old 09-30-2015, 07:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 CustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagle

Stay away from the 3 stage d15b, truly more trouble than it's worth, I wish I would have just gone with a jdm y7 equivalent.
CustomY8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
d15b, engine building, engine swap, hatch, obd2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in