Blox test pipe... or any brand - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2015, 02:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 stayswerving smells like Boratstayswerving smells like Boratstayswerving smells like Boratstayswerving smells like Boratstayswerving smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Blox test pipe... or any brand

Does anybody have any experience with this piece of kit?? I recently picked up a DC 4-1 one piece header for my d16a6 and thought I'd ask if anybody had a similar setup with a test pipe/cat delete?? This is all going on my 89' crx si.
Since I don't have to worry about smog inspection I'm pretty much free to do what I want.

I'd just like to know if there are any members on the boards running a test pipe? If so was it a pain to install ex: flanges not lining up, wrong diameter etc..

Thanks for any info guys!
stayswerving is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2015, 02:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 35 Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

I've used them before. The are pretty straight forward as far as installing. Just try to get one that uses a twist-able flange/flare at either end. It will make lining up the bolts much easier.

"I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P - Pat Primmer
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Beat them, cheat on them, treat them like shit and you'll get a hot woman that won't ever leave you. Women are a stupid breed that don't use fucking sense.
Black91CRXsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2015, 03:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Just grab and ebay "cat" they are basically a cherry bomb style glasspack and bolt into place where your stock cat was.

Old 09-27-2015, 03:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 stayswerving smells like Boratstayswerving smells like Boratstayswerving smells like Boratstayswerving smells like Boratstayswerving smells like Borat

OH and it's all feeding into a HKS sport exhaust. which is a 2.25 diameter... correct me if I'm wrong. THANKS GUYS, It's much appreciated!
Old 09-27-2015, 05:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Run a cat, no loss of performance, quieter, and better for the environment.

http://www.redshiftmotorsports.com/R...ech%20Page.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.

Last edited by transzex; 09-27-2015 at 05:23 PM.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2015, 02:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

That's true also. I'll keep my options open, I'll see what I have to work with once I have the DC one piece header installed. I don't mind keeping the cat, was just wondering if any of you were running a test pipe. Thanks again!
Old 09-28-2015, 04:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Negative. in 20+years of civic users being online, no one has ever used a testpipe......

Come on man. search. decat=shitty noise

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2015, 06:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

I gotcha, search bar and Google are my friends. DAMN NOOBS ��

Last edited by stayswerving; 09-28-2015 at 06:46 AM.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
Negative. in 20+years of civic users being online, no one has ever used a testpipe......

Come on man. search. decat=shitty noise
mine doesn't sound shitty. but then again I also retained my silencer in the 4 inch tip
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2015, 08:59 AM   #10 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

I just used a 3" cat that was compact for use in vettes.

worked fine for me
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2015, 10:06 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Everytime Ive ever killed the cat, Ive had to redo the muffler and resonator to make it sound good.

But then Im usually stupid enough to start at the muffler and work forward, which kills my wallet lol

THis time around, Im doing proper. Killed the cat, now to grab the Yonaka catback, and maybe Ill grab an extra testpipe and have a small glasspack welded in it

Build what you have!

Old 09-28-2015, 11:24 AM   #12 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
Everytime Ive ever killed the cat, (see at this point, I was thinking ahead and lost the point)it has hit my muffler and I had to get my exhaust rebuilt is all I read.
...I might have got high at lunch if we are speaking theoretically.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2015, 12:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

No cat, ebay 2.5" b-pipe, OEM GSR axle-back. Sounds great, virtually no loss. Same for an 06+ Si axle-back, just a tad louder w/better flow.

HiProfile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2015, 02:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

Well I did do quite of searching and from what I've read it's that since I'm not boosted or set up for drag there's really no gain in removing the cat... And that Hondas stock cats actually flow pretty well. Interesting
Old 09-28-2015, 02:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series G0D

They flow okay for mild all motor builds (usualyl just a small cam, boltons, and a tune)

if going turbo, no need for the stock cat. Grab an aftermarket 3" high flow. Many are still under $300, flow good, and still meet emissions requirements if that is something you wish to maintain.

Build what you have!

Old 09-28-2015, 02:58 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoshot View Post
...I might have got high at lunch if we are speaking theoretically.

amateur

WHERE DAT FOOD AT

Build what you have!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in