mild built)ZC block x (p08-6 9/4)Z6 head x (p2k)Y8 intake manifold - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2015, 10:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation mild built)ZC block x (p08-6 9/4)Z6 head x (p2k)Y8 intake manifold

Hello
First of this is my first post on my first forum so go easy lol. I have a sohc zc block, with eagle crankweight and rods, arp blots pushin vitara pistons. Blocks been knotched and some other machine work done. With an off beat Z6head. I say off beat because the id. Stamp on it says p08-6 (9/4). I havnt been able to find but little if any info on it bc z6 heads only stamp up to p08-5. I dont get it? Mounted to the z6 head is a Y8intake manifold... nothing fancy or odd about that piece. EK tranni with swaped fifth gear.
SWAPPED into 96 ek coupe with 99si front swap.

Its my first swap on, my first honda, its been a learning experience. But i still have questions
First off any CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, ideas, comments, is always welcome.

Ok so recommend head gasket for this set up and any other odd ball changes i should keep eye out for. Right now im just using z6 gaskets all around

. The motor is in and hooked up to the stock 96ecu. I also have the p28ecu that came with motor but runs rough in ek. The motors stdong and sounds nastey but somethings just not
Now i have to have my foot on throtle or die blah done like its getting no gas but if i hold foorlg on and keep the gas flowing itll stay on...... idk wth? Lol
gIvEnHRtHe-D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2015, 11:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

ok, try again, but this time in English.

also, periods are helpful.

third. if this is in an odb2 car, then you should be using an odb2 ecu and make sure its timed correctly. z6/y8 are a few degrees out from eachother.
search
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2015, 01:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chrisfrom1986

It started out ok and then he just kinda gave up using his brain at the end.

Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 01:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Head gasket go OEM d16y8

Check for vacuum leaks and bleed the coolant system and look at both mechanical and distributor timing.

Also it is hard as fuck to read that shit.

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2015, 02:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Ill crack out a full right up after work. Apologies for the super rough start was trying to cram it out at work. Basic tho. ZC block(:arp,eagle,vitara internals) / Z6 head / y8 intake manifold hooked with a password jdm carbon whale penis. In a 96 ek with 99 frontend swap.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

which zc? same as z6?
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

And by that you meeeean? The block is stamped just zc so from what ive found it should be a third gen zc. Also should mention its a sohc zc. The head is stamped p08-6 (9/4). But when i researched d series head identification codes. All of them i found only went to p08-5. The "p08" i guess classifies itvas a z6 head but ido witch one. The intake manifold lime i said is off a y8 i had laying around. Tranni is out of a 99si i think fifth gear is swapped not 100% tho. Ild post pix but not quite sure how
Old 09-24-2015, 03:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

AS far as ecu goes. Right now i have it pluged into my stock ek ecu. But i also have the ecu that came with motor. Witch is obd1also do have the jumper harness tho from obd 1 to 2.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

does it have 1 or 2 vtec solenoids? if it has one, its basically a z6. so its a z6 with y8 intake. using a y8 ecu, search how to time a z6 in a y8
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Never finishes (TWSS)

Rep Power: 18 Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Ok where is the oil dip stick? That will give you an idea of what block. Or check the crank pulley. If its an obd2 zc your timing will be off unless you have a different crank pulley. If its obd1 it will be fine. Also obd0 zc would be fine. If its on the pump it will be a y series. All jdm motors say zc if they are d sixteens even the twin cams. Yours is not tjat.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

Ok some help me load some pix to thread. The block is stamp and only stamp with ZC. The dip stick is located in the front inbetween the headers...also like stated; the internals have been changed out. Idk how much that makes a difference for this but im new could be totally wrong. Like i said its on the stock obd2 ek ecu. The motor CAME with a p28 i was told was basic mapped and chipped. Hoked to a jumper harness so to run obd2 engine wire harness.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

if its in the middle, its a z6. using the y8 sensors and intake, you can use the y8 ecu.
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

So its a z6 that says zc? That aside what could be cause its to not want to keep running. It starts and the dies if not give it fuel. But if as long as i stay on the throttle even a lil shes run great. No throttle no nothing lol
Old 09-24-2015, 03:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

have you messed with the idle screw? making sure the butterfly is slightly open? tps?
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:49 PM   #15 (permalink)
Never finishes (TWSS)

Rep Power: 18 Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!

All d16's since 88, maybe 87 are called zc in the jdm. A y8 is an obd2 vtec zc, a y7 is an obd2 nonvtec zc, and obd0 nonvtec zc is an a6. See what im getting at. Same as all their d15's are called d15b's
Old 09-24-2015, 05:20 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

has everyone skipped over how this engine has vitars installed and yet its SOMEHOW questionable how a stock ecu is choking it out?

any motor runs like shit when its 3 points under factory compression......

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2015, 05:23 PM   #17 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

touche
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
touche
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to slo_eg8 again.

Build what you have!

Old 09-24-2015, 08:16 PM   #19 (permalink)
n00b

Aaaaand im bk. Ok so choking out not staying on issue solved. It was the sensor on the back part of the intake manifold acv i think. Guess wasnt clipped in all the way and wrked its way off. Pluged it in and bwam stay running ON the ecu. Witch idk is actually a y8 ecu bc vtec isnt craking. Other then that ao far so goo. Now if i plug in to the p28 ecu that came with the motor that ecu bogs down are 4200 rpms....
...... :^/
Old 09-24-2015, 09:48 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series G0D

How difficult is it to download a service manual for your car and get started doing diagnosing?

Many reasons vtec wont activate. Check them all.

The P28 will not magically work. It is programmed for a d16z6. Timing AND fuel are off. And will run even less timing overall. Base timing will be off.

You need to clean up and start fresh. List exact components you have. List what engine harness you are using.

The ecu has its part number/serial number on the side sticker. You would have your answer if its actually a d16y8 ecu if you searched what is on the sticker. P2N? P2P? etc...

Build what you have!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in